Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the chips really worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Are the chips really worth it???

yeah the chips you find on ebay usually have the expiration date expired.

Old 09-14-2004, 08:39 PM
3rd Gear

Hey Jestnomen,
Any chance of reducing your sig pic to save on bandwidth?
It sometimes doesn't show (red X) in that size when the site is busy.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Jestnomen

yeah the chips you find on ebay usually have the expiration date expired.
I swear to god I'm getting dumber by the second!! This whole thread I was reading thinking you guys were talkin bout ECU chips, not potato chips.... Yeah, I'm dumb....

I kept thinking "BBQ? What the hell do hamburgers and hotdogs have to do with cars?!"

I'm an idiot...[sm=lol.gif]

Old 09-14-2004, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ImolaS4

Welcome to the forum chelskisw6!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.
================================================== ====================================
Your question is an old and well documented subject. Search the archives and you will find a wealth of info on the subject of chips, performance, warranty and related support parts.
In short:
APR and GIAC are the two most prominent chips on the market - mainly because of marketing and sales. There are many others that are good chips, too, but these two companies have the largest network of dealer/tuners that can service Audis.

Do some research through the archives and feel free to ask more questions.
Yo Imola, do you have some kind of program that saves these posts so you can just recycle them with a click of a button?

I'm just razzin ya.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: norcaltrojan
Yo Imola, do you have some kind of program that saves these posts so you can just recycle them with a click of a button?

I'm just razzin ya.
Moderator's privileges...

Old 09-15-2004, 01:23 AM
3rd Gear

Jestnomen=bandwith sucker ... could you mind not breathing too air is kinda limited yah know

Old 09-15-2004, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear

I'm with the consensus here about chips. By far the best first mod for a 1.8t. Not so much on the 2.8. APR, GIAC are the undisputed favs here on the site. For good reason, excellent service, data, ongoing research and a proven track record. Dallbach is another chip that we were talking about here the other day. One of our members had a Dallbach chip intalled and was pleased with it. I have been trying to collect some thrid party data on this particular chip to post here on the board, but not much luck yet. Plenty of data from the company, but I'd like to find some data from the specialty shops out there using the software in their or customers cars. EuroMotor Works up on the north side f Indy are douing some research on their dyno an some different chips. Believe me, you'll br the you all here as soon as I do. Does a seconded swappable chipped ECU sound reasonable? I'll check on some parts a buddy of mine stckpilos in Michigan...

Old 09-15-2004, 03:02 PM
6th Gear

ok ok ok....[:@]

I'll reduce the size tomorrow when I get a chance.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Damn am I dumb. I only just figured what the hell you were talking about regarding the chips. I prefer salt & vinegar. With beer.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

You will notice a difference but there is a definite downside. I don't know about you but i am not always able to put premium gas in my car and with the chip you will have no choice because it simply wont run on anything else.