Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creeking noise coming from Front pass. sus.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Creeking noise coming from Front pass. sus.

Seccond post here. So hi all. Anyway just picked up a '98 a4 quattro, and for some reason it is now making a squeaking/creaking noise from the front passenger side suspension. It sounds like the bushings need to be greased. Anyone else have any issues like this?

also probably a noob question.. but Is it possible to use the clear headlights with HID's from a newer model a4?

Thanks,
Danny

Old 11-13-2005, 04:25 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Creeking noise coming from Front pass. sus.

the squeaking is most likley the upper control arms.

if you have the two piece headlights you will need to trim the fender to make them fit.
https://www.audiforums.com/m_149303/tm.htm

Old 11-14-2005, 05:16 AM
1st Gear

sweet man thanks for the tips.. Anyone else experience the control arms making aweful noises?

Old 11-14-2005, 11:33 AM
2nd Gear

Funny you should mention this. I have the EXACT same problem and same side of the car. I took it to the dealership hoping I could get in on the lower control arm recall. They told me its my upper control arms and sway bar/sway bar links.

You can find upper control arms for $90 each and sway bar links for $35 each. I am doing my break pads and rotors this week so I am going to get under there and see what has the most play. But as Sandman said, its probably the upper control arms. I am going to replace that first, then if there is still some squeaking replace the sway bar links.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

i also have that probelm but it only seems to creak when its cold outside.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, it defiantely gets louder when its cold outside, and it goes away when its all rainy and wet outside. Its damn annoying.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

control arms. only the bottom ones will squeal , tops will just clatter from my experience

Old 11-17-2005, 12:40 AM
1st Gear

ok so i looked up the tsb's on the car and it has i think 2 or 3 for the front suspension. Since i bought the car used a few weeks ago can i still take the car an audi dealer to get the problem fixed?

If it does end up being the sway links and i plan to replace them anyway should i hold off buying new links? will they come with new bars?

Also does anyone know if it is the bushings, or if the control arms are just loose or what?

Old 11-17-2005, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear

I've the same problem on my 2002 A4, except it's on the Driver's side... So do the bushing's just need some lubrication, or a complete replacement?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:30 AM
3rd Gear

yea its the bushings, you would be one lucky fella if all they had to do was tighten the bolts

Quick Reply: Creeking noise coming from Front pass. sus.