Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D-BOV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
1st Gear
Default D-BOV

uhhh is this hybrid one legal? or is that also a obviouse NO?

Old 10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: D-BOV

Concidering its still letting out air the engine wants to maesure I wouldnt do it. Even though it may not be as much as a regular BOV its still air thats not getting calculated. Some people here do run the hybrid DV-BOV but I dont know their stories.

Personally I would just get a DV and mod your airbox or get a CAI if you want to hear more of a sound.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
5th Gear

if your running a chip MAYBE. if your not don't even think about it. if you have no idea bout how your car works and how turbos work dont even think bout it. just get a DV. a forge 007 and intake sounds nice as hell to me. i'd rather not risk my turbo just so it will sound more show-offie.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Zombie Defense Force

no matter what dont get anything that VTA any gas. unless on unless you are not running a maf ie. standalone

Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

or if it is just unplugged and u are running off your map sensor...

Old 10-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

or if it is just unplugged and u are running off your map sensor...
thats hard tho becuase your map sensor cant read all the air at wot. so it will just dump fuel in and you will run rich.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

Alright a couple questions, whats a map sensor? and what does VTA any gas mean?
also what is a CAI? i understand the way the turbo works and why it need a DV but what i dont understand is will the extra air the D-BOV lets ou8t have potential of harming the turbo? also what is a maf ie? thanks a bunch.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

VTA = Vent into Atmosphere
CAI = Cold Air intake
Map Sensor - Definition: Refers to a manifold absolute pressure sensor, a variable resistor used to monitor the difference in pressure between the intake manifold at outside atmosphere.

Using a BOV will not hurt the Turbo directly. To go more into detail, the line that the DV has that the BOV does not goes into the intake manifold. The ECU (computer of the car) monitors the amount of air that is coming back in a adjusts key information you car needs to run properly, like fuel mixture. So no it does not hurt the Turbo but more like the whole engine.

If you take something away from the car it needs to run properly it wont like it. Yes you can make the hybrids mixtures work but to get the really good sound of a BOV you need to add more air to VTA. The more VTA the less the car likes it but the better the BOV sound. You cant have both perfect, one is gonna suffer and I dont think it should be your car for a silly sound. But thats just me.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:11 AM
2nd Gear

I could have sworn this has been covered at least 5 times..

Old 10-02-2006, 04:26 AM
3rd Gear

Yes, tons of ppl run hybrids and love them. They're not very popular on this forum for some reason, but very popular on audizine. I'm thinking of picking one up myself.