AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   D-BOV (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/d-bov-42764/)

socal_A4 10-02-2006 04:45 AM

RE: D-BOV

ORIGINAL: flyinb501

Yes, tons of ppl run hybrids and love them. They're not very popular on this forum for some reason, but very popular on audizine. I'm thinking of picking one up myself.
Peeps have ran them with no probs.. I would never do it on my car... sekkey on audizine loved his till some old granny totaled his B5 no hes rollin around in his B6 with it on there... He loves it

Riko 10-02-2006 05:07 AM

well my car has 94K, and somone just told me a new timming belt costs 1500 dollars, so id rather not damage my engine, ill just get new DV. I really want that blowoff sound, but if its not worth it id rather not risk damage, unless there is a way to tweak the ecu so it doesnt think the VTA is a problem. thanks for the info guys.

Riko 10-02-2006 05:32 AM

would new DV as opposed to a hybrid BOV give your turbo more power? or more HP? or is it just healthier for your engine?

socal_A4 10-02-2006 05:40 AM

a DV or hybrid will not give you more horsepower it will only regain what you lost when you were stock (forge/baliey ect...are slightly bigger and can hold more.. not to mention it will probably outlast your A4 with proper care

Riko 10-02-2006 05:41 AM

thanks thug

Jeff 10-02-2006 06:59 AM

wtf. y would you spend 20k+ on a car and then run something thats right out of fast and furious that could damage your car??? just for the little pssss noise you get when you shift. and believe me it wont even be that loud becuase a stock ko3 dosent make enough boost to make the noise like in the movie??? your better off getting a recording from my car and playing it over and over in your cd player

socal_A4 10-02-2006 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeff

wtf. y would you spend 20k+ on a car and then run something thats right out of fast and furious that could damage your car??? just for the little pssss noise you get when you shift. and believe me it wont even be that loud becuase a stock ko3 dosent make enough boost to make the noise like in the movie??? your better off getting a recording from my car and playing it over and over in your cd player
well put hahahaaahaha.. I totally agree

Riko 10-02-2006 01:21 PM

who spent 20K on there car?

kraylon 10-02-2006 01:47 PM

a forge 007 dv doesn't sound as loud as a bov does but it still can be heard

Jeff 10-02-2006 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: kraylon

a forge 007 dv doesn't sound as loud as a bov does but it still can be heard
i dont understand this obsession with a psssss noise. i mean im 19 and i dont even like it that much. ill admit sometimes its cool but most of the time its annoying. and it draws so much attention from every honda and ricer thats within one mile from you.