Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn leatherette

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
1st Gear
Default damn leatherette

these seats are garbage, wish they used better seats...

got a little tear happening on my driving side seat... is there something out there to stop it from spreading... its prolly about an inch in length now (the tear, not my peter) and i wanna stop it from getting any bigger... i was thinking of maybe trying nail polish or something colour coded like that, not sure if thats a dumb idea or not...

i know others have had this problem before, what'd you guys do?

cheers..

Old 11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: damn leatherette

I would recommend going to an upholstery shop to have it fixed. I've seen people try those little tricks including the DIY leather kits, and they usually turn out crappy.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 PM
3rd Gear

Yea mine is ripping more and more now, it started small but its getting worse, now the foam is coming out...I just picked my next seats so these only hafta last till i start working again

Old 11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
6th Gear

What seats would those be?

Old 11-03-2005, 06:08 PM
3rd Gear

well as much as I'd like leather, esp the status seats (drool) it isnt gonna happen on my income...so I'm just gonna get these. I've sat in a similar sparco seat and it was money, plus I cant remember the last time i reclined my seat. In black of course

Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

and the list keeps Growing and Growing and Growing and Growing and Growing and ...

Old 11-03-2005, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear

Ahahah no this yrs isnt bad, so far i have gotten everything on the list the past 2 yrs except the hid's this yr. This yr i was not planning on getting the standalone.

Anyways next yrs list consists of gt3071, rear sway bar, seats, roll bar, harnesses, rods, porsche calipers and that should be the end of the audi project

Anyways on topic, I would get that rip fixed asap because soon it will get beyond repairable

Old 11-03-2005, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

mine has a spot that looks like it wants to rip. what should i do keep it from ripping? or is it bound to happin/?

Old 11-03-2005, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

Mine developed a rip that was about 1" long as well... I fixed the problem with an S4 interior :P

My A4 leatherettes are for sale... too lazy to have it repaired.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the tips guys... i'll prolly just take it to get fixed, i wouldn't imagine it being too expensive... i'd prolly consider changing the seats after a little while, but not yet, they are still in pretty good shape, besides that one little tear...

ya s4 seats would be nice... chris your old a4 seats were black werent they?

my seats are the tan colour, kinda regret it sometimes, cuz i have to clean them more often... but i do like the colour, just the seats aren't the most comfortable on long trips

Quick Reply: damn leatherette