Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard center

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Default Dashboard center

Audi A4 2001
Question is this. My indicator service lights. The washer fluid level light stays on constantly now, even though the fluid is full.. When the gas light comes on it rotates between the two.

Also the lights go very dimm during the day or there a fix for either of these?

Thanks

Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Dashboard center

could be the washer fluid sensor is bad...try to get codes read..im sure there is a code stored in ur computer about the washer sensor...and no idea what u mean by light dimm during the day....what lights??

Old 05-11-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

Dim lights during the day = your LCD screen is going out. I have a 98 a4 and I only get to see my LCD when it less than 70 degrees outside. Being that I live in California...I see my LCD screen all of 4 months tops......

Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 AM

my lcd seems to be temperature-sensitive too. I can see it fine in the mornings on the way to work when it's 50 degrees or so, but in the afternoon when it's even 65 or above, the display is nearly completely illegible.

anyone heard any news on that class action suit against audi of america concerning the lcd displays?

Old 05-11-2007, 04:04 AM
3rd Gear

lol, my windshield washer fluid thing stays on constantly also, it pulls fluid from two different places I think cuz my windshield washer fluid tank has a hole in it so everytime I fill it, it just leaks right out, but yet i have fluid...??? And my lcd is also a tiny tiny tiny bit dim when its 105 degress out but other than that its perfect. Im sure its got no more than a couple years left.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:08 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

lol, my windshield washer fluid thing stays on constantly also, it pulls fluid from two different places I think cuz my windshield washer fluid tank has a hole in it so everytime I fill it, it just leaks right out, but yet i have fluid...??? And my lcd is also a tiny tiny tiny bit dim when its 105 degress out but other than that its perfect. Im sure its got no more than a couple years left.
It is probably headlight washer pump that has a hole in it. I see this problem often. It happened to mine as well. I always had some left but it leaks out enough to pop a light.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: 18T

It is probably headlight washer pump that has a hole in it. I see this problem often. It happened to mine as well. I always had some left but it leaks out enough to pop a light.
headlight washer?? we have headlight washers?? lol, i just got confused, respond quick lol

Old 05-11-2007, 04:17 AM
18T
4th Gear

Yes we do. Pull back on the wiper blade arm and itl engange the washers tehy go up and spray the headlights.

anywho, the pump that failed on mine was on the right side by the headlight little bit north of it between the washer fluid tank and the headlight

u could see the whole with a flashlight.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 AM

yeah you have an 01, so your LCD will probably last you a little while yet. how many miles on your car?

Old 05-11-2007, 04:33 AM
3rd Gear

9 months ago i bought it with 55k, 270 days later i have 78k on it... i know... 35k a year... horrible

Quick Reply: Dashboard center