Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadging problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Debadging problems

Factory debadged ftw!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 AM
2nd Gear

go to a body shop and ask for an eraser wheel. just do it youll thank me later haha.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:27 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

That's mean!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

i used a credit card really gently so it didnt mark the paint but it was a real bitch for me too.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
1st Gear

an eraser wheel seems like it would be good but my air compressor busted on me last week. a credit card might work i had problems finding something that won't scratch the paint. thanks for the input i will go at it again when i get a chance

Old 09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

An eraser wheel will eat your paint off!

Friend of mine used one that wasn't properly cleaned and had like, metal shavings and grit in it. Murdered his finish...

Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
2nd Gear

that sucks. i used the one at my old body shop to take it off. they let me use it for free so im not sure if they would charge anyone else to use it. it took mabye 5 mins to get everything off, then all i did was put a fresh coat of wax on the whole trunk and you cant tell they were ever there, even after 8 years of collecting dust. if i were you and if you still didnt fix the problem im tellin you go to a body shop, thats what eraser wheels are made for, taking off 2sided tape. its a little violent and it dosent look amazing after you get all the glue off, but just use some cleaner wax or even a little compound if you can still see the outline and remeber to wax it and youll be happy.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

I had the same problem! So after over an hour of rubbingI said screw it and wet sanded the trunk to remove the left over film! Now it looks great! I never had this problem before on any other car! Oh well its done now and looks normal so thats all that really matters!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:55 AM
4th Gear

I used a, regular towel, blow dryer, Goo gone..

Rub with a towell till like your motherfu<king your arm is literally numb.. I did this (Poured goo gone down on it, like a light waterfall, blow dryed it for a couple seconds, then backed off with the blow dryer but still kept it on, and rubbed with a regular toward HARD and directly on the glue..." Rinse and repeat for maybe an hour or two? Seriously.. I have no scratches.. and if theres super super small pieces that wont come off, wash it and wax the debadged area.. it will look perfect

Give it a try man.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 AM
4th Gear

Ah yes.. and I originally used dental floss.. but once its just the remains I did the towel trick.

Quick Reply: Debadging problems