Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Devil Bolt, the spawn from f+++king Hell!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Devil Bolt, the spawn from f+++king Hell!

Holy sh*t!!!!!

And I thought I was ready for anything! This thing is just at a whole new level here! I've never, ever seen anything so stuck in my entire life and I lived closed to the ocean where salted bolts were a constant. WTF IS THIS CRAP?!

I read all kind of horror stories and I'm about to go Rambo on this thing and just go straight to the blow torch. Problem is: never used one, don't know the 1st thing about it and I don't have a garage to work on (yeah, I'm the parking lot king, which is actually not bad with the ladies).

So my question is: is there any type portable torch that can get the job done? is there any chance of me getting killed or is it easy to get used to the thing?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Devil Bolt, the spawn from f+++king Hell!

You can get a small hand held propane torch when used with PB blaster (the strongest a civilian can buy) works pretty well.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 PM
5th Gear

u kno the torches they use for plumbing? that's wut it is. and let me guess, ur doing control arms or brakes?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

My buddy got a 87' Blazer and couldnt get the drum brakes off the rear end since its been sitting for 15 odd years. He spent 2 days trying to burn/cut/anything them off. Finally his dad went into his company vault and spent a **** load of cash on a plasma torch. Burnt right threw them things like they were nothing.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: auditech79
(the strongest a civilian can buy)
what can i get if im not a civilian

Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

acetylene torch, that might work.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 AM
4th Gear

Same question as Jeff lol

Old 10-11-2007, 06:52 AM
2nd Gear

I'm going through the same mess right now. I don't have much time to work on it since I'm up at 5am and don't get home from work until 7:30pm, but I do have a garage and some tools. I couldn't imagine doing this without my air hammer and impact gun.Soak them with PB Blaster and put a breaker bar on the head of the bolt and rock it back and forth (which is almost impossible to do with it on the car. I removed my upper strut mount and unbolted the control arms from it so I could put the knuckle on the bench to work on it. I've probably got about 5 hours into it so far, but I'm seeing the lightat the end of the tunnel....

Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the quick replies, people. Been browsing through some propane and acetylene torches. Hopefully one of them will get the job done. It seems TurboTorch is quite popular so I'm thinking about that one.

Hiwords, I'm doing the all control arms job. Did the lower ones, but the upper are just being a bitch!

Thanks again for all the help, guys!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
1st Gear

map gas burns incredibly hot as well at like a plumbling sprinkler store or what not.

Quick Reply: Devil Bolt, the spawn from f+++king Hell!