Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissapointed....wheelsnext.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Dissapointed....wheelsnext.com

So I ordered my wheels about two weeks ago on thursday the 13th. The guy on the phone told me that he was going to mount and balance them in the next couple of days and they should arrive at my door in 4-7 business days and that they would send me an e-mail with an order confirmation and a tracking order when they were shipped. So the next thursday, the 20th, I called them up and asked what the deal was. They told me that my order wasn't placed until the 18th, which was 5 days after I actually ordered them and the guy supposively placed my order. This is when I started to get angry. They said that it took 4-5 days to get the wheels and then 7-10 days for the to ship to my door. At this time, I was pissed.

My order was 19" by 8.5" HP Design Evo's black with a polished lip and 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes 4. The guy on the phone read all that back to me to make sure he had it right, and he did. This morning they showed up at my door (never got an order confirmation or a e-mail with a tracking number) and I was excited/pissed at the same time because it took SO long. I didn't get the chance to look at them because I had to go to work right away. I got home from work and opened them up, kinda forgetting all the problems I had with wheelsnext.com, and now I was INFURIATED. (Insert comments on anger problems here ). They sent me everything I asked for except with 225/35/19 tires. I went over the fact that I wanted 235 about 5 times before I got done with my order to make sure the guy had it right. I'm so pissed I don't know what to do.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Dissapointed....wheelsnext.com

find em and beat em with the tires....or send em back and ask for some kind of discount compensation for shitty service

Old 07-25-2006, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

I've heard that running 225/35/19 isn't a good idea. Then again, I'm not an expert on cars either. What does everyone think?

Old 07-26-2006, 12:16 AM
2nd Gear

I think you should return them as soon as they agree to compensate you by offering a discount.
Once they are returned, if you do not get what you ordered, have the charges reversed on your credit card.....

Old 07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

The only problem I have with shipping them back to the company, is that it took them so long to do this the first time, I don't really want to deal with them again. What I'm thinking of doing is taking them to a local tire shop and having them put the correct tire size on and then send wheelsnext.com the receipt and have them pay me whatever it costs me to get that done. Then I will send there stupid *** small tires back to them.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

anyone......

Old 07-26-2006, 01:59 AM
3rd Gear

have them refund your money for the tires and have them pay for the shipping of the tires back to them. then go get the tires from a local shop.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 AM
1st Gear

That's actually not a bad idea...I just don't want to deal with their service again, otherwise I wouldn't have a problem sending the wheels back to them. If I would've gotten my wheels on time, and had them mess up on the tire size, this would be a different story, but I just had poor service from the start.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:22 AM
1st Gear

Your are eligible for a complete refund.. or they at least have to pay for you to ship them back and get the proper tires fitted for no cost. Threaten then with bad publicity if they truly ignore your requests.

Putting 225 tires with 35 on the front is bad. i think its a 89 load weighting? SHould be 90+. But they would be ok on the back of the car. Good luck

Old 07-26-2006, 05:43 AM

Try not to deal with that service at all. See if they will cover the cost of the tires from someone else. Then get them done and send them the receipt. Make sure you find out first cause you will be assed out.

Quick Reply: Dissapointed....wheelsnext.com