Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this price seem right or can i work with it a little (timing belt)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:36 AM
1st Gear
Default Does this price seem right or can i work with it a little (timing belt)

i emailed this place called quattrohaus in newark, NJ...here is the email

Parts: $490.00 (Timing belt, Idler, tensioner, water Pump, thermostat,
accessory belt)
Labor: $420.00
Total: $910.00

With the timing belt service we suggest changing the valve cover gaskets and
the cam tensioner gaskets. Although they are probably not bad yet I can
almost guarantee they are starting to leak, cost is $356.40.

Best regards,
Jose M. Vicente
Quattrohaus LLC
27 new York Ave.
Newark, NJ 07105
Tel: 973-491-9790 Fax: 973-491-9391
www.quattrohaus.net

parts seem a bit expensive unless they are audi parts.. cuz ecstuning has the kit for $250..
what do you all think?
wats this valve cover gaskets and cam tensioner gaskets?

Old 10-19-2005, 03:59 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Does this price seem right or can i work with it a little (timing belt)

I'de tell them to go shove thier high dollar parts where the sun doesn't shine. As for the gaskets, Whats the saying, Oh yeah, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Old 10-19-2005, 04:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Does this price seem right or can i work with it a little (timing belt)

places down the street such as Pepboys and R&S Strauss labor is about $500, these guys just had to give me these retarted part prices

Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 AM
4th Gear

they will try and make it up somewhere. I think you can probably find a better deal.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

for what they are quoting you, you can get that done at the dealer for just about the same

Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 AM
1st Gear

thats the problem... the dealer decided to tell me $1900-2000.. i just was like no way and left..so im thinkin if i should go to another audi dealer, or maybe a VW dealer can do it?
the audi dealer i got my car from is useless..when i try to get something fixed they just tell me how its not included in the warranty and that they are gonna have to charge me blah $ to look at it and if its not covered then you are gonna have to pay for it.. i just wish there was a list that said what was included in the certified warranty..

i just give up with the timing belt..

Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 AM
4th Gear

just call around, to the diff dealers, plus just about any reputable shop can pull this off. Its not that big of a deal for a mechanic.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 AM
1st Gear

yup sure will, thanks for everything.. one last thing, should i stick with the ECS tuning parts.. cuz this is what some places say "why would you use those parts, what if they break is that our fault"

i forgot where that was, also i dunno but i asked the dealer if he would use those parts and he laughed at me [:@]

Old 10-19-2005, 08:30 AM
4th Gear

I bought the ECS ultimate kit and had the accessory belts, tensioner, idler, timing belt and water pump changed and had the cam and intermediate seals done for about 350 dollars in Philly.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:29 PM
4th Gear

I had this job done last April for $710 including tax. Rick let me watch him do it.

www.cimmotorsports.net Central Valley,NY

You might get a quote from KMD Tuning in Westwood,NJ .

Quick Reply: Does this price seem right or can i work with it a little (timing belt)