Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Default Door lock

Help!

For some reason my rear nearside door lock doesn't work

All the other locks engage, with the widget dropping into the door to signify the lock is working, and the alarm sets itself.

However, this one lock does not drop. I cannot even push it down manually. Anyone else had this problem?

My trouble is that I now can't take the car and leave it anywhere as I live in East London, where car crime is rife!

I work in near place called Canning Town, East London, where DHL refuse to deliver items as they keep getting stolen. DHL are still happy to deliver to down town Baghdad!!!

I am going to take the door apart unless someone says don't!

Cheers

Mike

Old 03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Door lock

the inside door skin is easy to take off.did you try the childproof button on the door sil?.i don't really see how that could leave it in unlock mode but it might.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Door lock

there is a small clip inside the door panel. Sometimes the clip comes loose/off and the vacuum line will flop about under pressure instead of doing its job. Take off the panel and look for it up by the door handle area.

Taking the door panel off is very simple - do a search for it here.