Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
2nd Gear
Default Door lock problem

OK here's the problem:

When I lock my car from the outside with the key it used to roll up the windows and lock all doors. Now when locking from the outside it only locks the drivers door, but when I unlock the car it unlocks all the doors fine plus my led for the factory alarm dosent come on anymore. When I unlock the car with the key it works properly. My remote fobs have never worked since I bought the car but thats no big deal. I've checked all fuses and they all are fine. What could be causing this and where is the module located

Thanks

Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Door lock problem

the module is underneath your rear seat...just pull up on the front of the seat, give it an easy tug, then pull it forward....it sounds like an electrical problem.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear

Sweet I needed to know where to look for the module. Damn locks do you have an idea of how much this part is. Ehh maybe I might try to take it apart and fix it. I needed somethig to do today that requires some brain function

Old 04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
5th Gear

don't know how much they cost, sorry...probably not much from a used parts vendor....i don't think you can take it apart though...you might also want to consider replacing the stock module with an aftermarket alarm...that way you can have remotes again, and a full aftermarket setup might not be much more than the OE module....

Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
5th Gear

i believe there are a couple boxes underneath the seat....the module you want is the small one in the center...you can search AW's electronic tech section for a keyless entry replacement writeup, there is a picture of the module you need in that write-up...

Old 04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
2nd Gear

cool thanks that really helps alot this has been goin on for a while and I cant stand it anymore

Old 04-19-2005, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

OK so I pulled up the back seat on lunch and there is only one box mounted under the seat and that is for the Factory alarm unit which also dosent work. I disconnected it and still the same all doors unlock but only one locks. I ran thriugh the fuses for the central locking system and the alarm again. Where is this central locking control module located, any ideas Thanks

Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
5th Gear

skidplate, i've got class right now but when i get back i'll look it up in my bentley for you....

Old 04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
2nd Gear

thanks bentframe much appreciated

Old 04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
5th Gear

skidplate, sorry man, i formatted my comp a few days ago and i just tried to reregister my software (i have the bentley cd) and apparently i have to call it in, and they're on eastern time, so they're closed.

quite a few of the mods have there own bentleys...maybe one of them will chime in here.... *nod*jest *nod*

Quick Reply: Door lock problem