Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

down pipe/ test pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear
Default down pipe/ test pipe

ok the way the search is setup for this site is confusing so im just going to ask

the cat is attatched to the turbo correct and if so what do i need to delete the cat and then also what exhaust can i get with out resonator.

and which cat back is the best i mean i can get a great deal on borla but i dont want to comprimise power for money ya knnow

Old 01-19-2006, 03:22 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: down pipe/ test pipe

You can buy a cat delete pipe for like $165 and it just goes in place of the cat...... Borla is a great system thats what i run as well as a few others around here... It does have a resonator but you can get rid of that with a piece of pipe at the exhaust shop...... and it is by no means comprimising by getting the borla

Old 01-19-2006, 03:24 AM
3rd Gear

miltek is good but it is pricy, borla is a 2.25 and miltek is 2.75. you dont really need anything bigger than borla for a k03 turbo. ans for the cat u can get a test pipe but u will more than likely have a cel or u can get a hiflow cat from labree.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:26 AM
5th Gear

Also if you get the Borla system from techtonicstuning.com its 2.5in not 2.25

Old 01-19-2006, 03:48 AM
Zombie Defense Force

it u are going to drill the holes ur self on ur test pipe for teh sensors make them as close as possible and u wont get a cel at least i didnt

Old 01-19-2006, 04:41 AM
1st Gear

well to save money i really wanted to just delete the cat with a test pipe and then get a downpipe i guess that goes to the stock catback and put a electronic cutout in it. has anyone done this

Old 01-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Zombie Defense Force

there are lots of people that do the test pipe but what about the electronic cutout?

Old 01-19-2006, 04:46 AM
5th Gear

Y do you need a different down pipe a test pipe or cat delete pipe will go right in place of the existing cat and hook to the stock DP right...? and I think the cut out is going to be a little much, I ran my car strait out of the DP for a day or two and it was too loud for me and I’m still a young stupid kid that likes that $hit.. lol but it those electric cuts outs are nice I have a set on my mustang, there kind of pricey though or at least when I bought them they were...

Old 01-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Zombie Defense Force

whats an electric cutout

Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 AM
5th Gear

It goes on the exhaust and its like a Y that is blocked on one side and the other goes to the rest of the system and the mufflers, you flip the switch and it opens up the other side of the y leaving you with and open exhaust system.... kind of like back in the old days the hot rods had exhaust cut outs you had to take three little wing nuts off and a cover and ran open headers, the electric cut out is just a fancy new way to do that...

Quick Reply: down pipe/ test pipe