Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drifting my AWD A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Drifting my AWD A4

I live in New Hampshire, used to run a 95 M3 in the winter, goddamn impossible to get from point A to point B without being sideways the entire time.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
3rd Gear

m3s are meant to be sideways all the time

Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

That's what the 3 stands for, it's just a sideways M!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 AM

LMAO at this post. I tried this in the rain and snow before I ever knew anything about my Audi and only had a K&N filter. Doing figure eights in the parking lot of my job to cissify the rice burners who wanted to race me as soon as I got an Audi (way before Tokyo Drift was in the wet dreams of Americans). It cost me a whole lot of noise, fluid, a rack and pinion, alignment, a control arm or two, and a couple of tie rod ends. If you ask me, peeling out and drifting in a quattro is something I'd rather watch you do.
There were no camera phones when I did it so I don't even have the glory of footage=(
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: myaktine

I use to slide my Audi quite a bit with the E30 drivers in my town. It takes a lot to get sideways in the dry, as the usual methods will either cause you to spin out or understeer. The wet is very easy, and most methods work.

However, don't drift your car. You have no idea how hard it is on your car. Your stock intercooler can't handle the heat, your tires will wear soooo much faster than you would think and it's already AWD. It's hard as hell on all of your suspension components as well. Buy an S13 or an AE86 or something RWD and learn with that. I'm buying an S13 with a solid frame and clean title with only 120k on a freshly rebuilt engine for a grand, if you can't afford that and little stuff every now and then.. then you shouldn't even consider drifting at all.

And thats the end of my abnoxiously long post about drifting.
[align=left][/align]
amen.

Supposed snow in the forecast tonight...wow i can't wait to drift my car haha.

I had my all-seasons on last year while my winter rubbers were getting done and couldn't belive how fucked up the car was driving without proper rubber. In Germany you are 100% at fault if in an accident in the winter if you do not have proper tires. I saw a TT in July with steelies on still, i was like Wtf??? Lazy bitch didn't have them changed over yet haha.

Drifting is fun but doesn't work with AWD on the pavement unless you like kicking it past 90degrees...topgear they rate the RS4 against the M5....wow, Audi takes it on everything but ---- DRIFTING???? WTF who cares eh'/.