Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DV and N75 valve: help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 PM
1st Gear
Default DV and N75 valve: help needed

hey guys, new here ive been browsing and like what i see. ok, i recently purchased a 97 1.8t with a GIAC chip, and needless to say i love it, however...im curious about a few things. in 5th at WOT the car does run smooth, but i think it could probably be better, and the throttle response doesnt seem to be the best. ive asked around and i keep hearing upgrade the DV, which i understand, but i also have heard that the N75 valve shoudl be done. now, i dont think that im losing boost, but like i said i think it could be smoother, do you think an aftermarket DV might solve this issue, and should i do the N75 as well, or wait until(if) i experience a leak.

TIA for any help, i did search the FAQ and such but couldnt come up with much, anything you can do to steer me in the right direction would be great

cheers

Old 12-27-2006, 12:04 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: DV and N75 valve: help needed

the car probably already has a dv, if its still stock, you'll be replacing it soon, cause it wont last.

In 5th, at WOT, you need to be at 3000-3500rpm before its really going to kick in. Not sure what speed you are punching it at, but mine in 5th doesn't really kick in until your doing 75 or so, then you start picking up speed fast. maybe drop down to 4th until your're about 80-85, then shift into 5th.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

they all have one stock, no?? im just looking to upgrde. in 5th i started at around 100(km) and went from there to approx 140. basically what i want to know is, is a forge or stratmosphere worth the money, and what will i notice with it?

Old 12-27-2006, 12:32 AM
4th Gear

You'll hold more boost, longer.

This is something you NEED. The car does have a stock DV, but it will wear out, usually in a matter of weeks, if the car is chipped. That is why i say you probably already have an upgraded one, unless you just chipped the car yourself and did not replace it.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:33 AM
4th Gear

Just to clarify, I was talkng MPH, not sure what 100kmh is, and too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:42 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah buddy, you just dont get much kick up there even if your holding 3k rpm, if you had a boost gauge, you would notice that right when you punch it you hit max psi really fast but dont notice much of a difference. Its just not that fast up top. Granted its not horrible, but you have to know that at 2k rpm and you open it up, boost will slowly build and your speed will not increase like it will in 2nd at 3-4k.
Just a little thought.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

first, 100km/h=62mp/h, lol

the chip was installed by the previous owner but i really dont think he did the DV, i have all his receipts including the one for the chip, and theres nothing there. the dude never drove the car, and i dont think it ever even saw 4000rpms when he did. he was very thorough with his description of what he had done to the car and it never came up, so i dunno. as for the boost gauge its another thing im longing for, but this is my daily, i wanted to keep itas stock as possiblebut it truly is impossible.

as for the car not being a top end car, i know what youre saying, its really really hard to describe, its not a huge lag, and its def. not limp mode, but it just seems jerky, i dunno

Old 12-27-2006, 02:50 AM
4th Gear

I would get a dv then. That may have something to do with the top end.

Forge and bailys are some of the popular ones, just do a search for "best dv" and you should find a few discussion threads about it, or check the sticky posts at the top, the info is there too.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:53 AM
1st Gear

cool, thats what i was leaning towards, i just wanted to make sure it wasnt a waste of money. as for brands, i think its gonna be either forge, stratmosphere, or possibly evolution. any thoughts on the n75 valve though? or is that something that really isnt needed

Old 12-27-2006, 01:08 PM
2nd Gear

Your stock N75 is the"C" model. You can upgrade to the latest stock N75, which is the "F" model. It will help smooth boost out or you can upgrade to an N75 H (commonly called the N75 Race valve).

Quick Reply: DV and N75 valve: help needed