Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Cold air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ebay Cold air Intake

i made mine owna nd it looks exactly the same

its nice and clean and sounds good... does it do much well idk not much but mab slightly faster throttle response.... but thats about it

Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Site Moderator

Not a true CAI, but it is a good find, especially if used with a QUALITY heat shield.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

Hmm.. Eurocode told me not to bother with CAI for my car..

Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 AM
4th Gear

Well techniqually it makes the smallest difference in our cars... but its cool to have.

So onepoint8t.. with a really good heatshield, should I go with that or with carbanio..

If I do go carbanio will I see a better result?

I don't care about price, I just wanna know if Carbanio is actually that much better, cause if not I mine as well get the same exact thing for less. And why isn't it a true CAI?[&:]

Old 02-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Site Moderator

well the carbonio wont have an exposed filter to get dirty as quick, and the intake temps will be less hot compared to an exposed filter, even with a nice heat shield. Its not a true CAI because a CAI has longer piping and sucks air from a cool spot that is furthest away from the engine's heat as possible. Unfortunately the closest thing that could be considered a CAI is the carbonio. Id say either stock or carbonio is best. If you have a BT setup or MUST be able to hear the turbo spool louder/DV pshh then the exposed filter would be alright. I was going to do an exposed intake, but only for the sound. I have a feeling once i get my TP in it will make the turbo more audiable and ill be happy enough. I really dont care about the Dv psshhh. It is a good find though because there havent been any good ebay style intake kitsfor the 1.8t unless you just slap a cone filter on the MAF. I think it would be a great alternative to the evoms intake if you dont want to put something together yourself for even cheaper. If you got the money, I say carbonio though.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
4th Gear

Alright thanks man, then Carbanio it is.

But yeah, it was a decent find, its a nice cheap alternative to Evoms intake.

Thanks for your help and opinion, sir

Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

It looks nice, but it looks like it comes over really close to the motor. My intake is much further to the left and it is nearly touching my heatshield. The tubing for thisone in the this pic is past the heatshield and sitting right over the turbo and cat. BAD NEWS. Heat rises and those suckers get hot!!!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

yea... sitting right on top of the turbo im sure it will get pretttttyyyyy hot...

Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

I have a feeling once i get my TP in it will make the turbo more audiable and ill be happy enough.

what is a tp? and how will it make the turbo more audible?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear

For sure

Quick Reply: Ebay Cold air Intake