Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay shortshifter

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default ebay shortshifter

hey, i was browsing ebay and i found these short shifters, does anyone know anything about them? quality? performance? worth the money or should i save it for a b&m? are there noticable differences between them and a b&m? thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Old 02-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Default RE: ebay shortshifter

they all look cheqapto me. But u get what u pay for.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

i dont see how people say u get what u pay for when they are the same damn design as b&m so imo id go with it bc its the same mechanism in the physical world which you can't change. its not like your applying a 1000lb force to it or anything

Old 02-25-2005, 10:34 PM

i wasn't talk about the sharft i was talking about the connections and springs, they look like lower qualtiy. I think it will work just not as good as a B&M

Old 02-26-2005, 03:07 AM
3rd Gear

bite the bullet and go for the B&M....you know what you're getting....."They have been designed specifically for the more aggressive tuner who demands the most extreme shifter in terms of both looks and performance." (1st site)...were not tuners.....we're performance enthusiasts lol

--E

Old 02-26-2005, 03:48 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: audihere
i dont see how people say u get what u pay for when they are the same damn design as b&m so imo id go with it bc its the same mechanism in the physical world which you can't change. its not like your applying a 1000lb force to it or anything
You do get what you pay for. If these were the same as b&m, v&s, stratmosphere and others everybody would be over it. All short shifters feel different, and how do you know you aren't going to get one that feels like crap. They could very well engage smoothly and shorten the throw alot but you dont know, untill you buy one or get feedback from someone with one.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear

Well, for $50 bucks you could try..not like that's a huge load of money. Hey..and if it sucks..you can sell it on ebay!

-T

Old 02-26-2005, 03:52 PM

You sometimes pay for a name but anything that has to do with a cars the name brand is always the way to go!!![sm=gears.gif][sm=shades.gif]

Old 02-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Banned

exactly and im surprised no one hasnt bought one that you can get feedback from. ya i mean your probally right in the aspect that its not going to feel as firm but it will shorten your shifts.

Old 02-26-2005, 03:55 PM
6th Gear

audihere why don't you be the guinea pig and tell us how it works.

Quick Reply: ebay shortshifter