Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM warning light flashes and car also shuts off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2021, 09:44 PM
1st Gear
Default EPC warning light flashes and car also shuts off.

Hi everyone, I have an 2010 audi a4 2.0t. Recently it has been giving me a few issues and I'm not too sure what the problem is.

Issue 1: there is a lot of engine noise coming from the car, especially when it is in idle. When I accelerate the sound goes away to a certain extent and the noise does decrease. I noticed that when this sound gets louder whenever I get the message "please stop vehicle and check oil level". I've had this sign come on constantly after I break and come to a full stop, or if I make a turn and accelerate ive even had the car just shut off. Today the noise was there and I put half a litre of engine oil in and the sound goes away. Whenever this sign comes on I put just a small amount of oil in and it stops coming on. What I'm afraid of is why does that sound get very loud and is there a oil leak?

Issue 2: recently the EPC sign comes on randomly and I feel the car has very little throttle. This sign also comes on more often when my oil is low. The other day I was driving and I made a turn down my street and right away my car turn off, the sign came on "please stop vehicle and check oil". So I put the car in park and re started it. Sometimes it's as if the problem isn't there, and then all of a sudden it is. Its like driving two different cars.

The car is only 115000 km driven on it.

Last edited by Bilal Chaudhry; 04-17-2021 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Meant to say EPC not ECM