Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Windows

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Default Electric Windows

Hi
I have a 1994 Audi 80 (not an A4 i know but it doesn't quite make a classic yet) In the last week i has been very hot here in Ireland and the electric windows have stoped working. I come out from work and the car is baking they won't work. later on in the evening when things have cooled down or on cloudy days they will still work fine though. The problem is getting progressively worse i.e., it takes less and less heat to set it off. I have checked the fuses, no problems. Nothing else is effected, execpt for my temper as i drive home in a 40 deg C car.
Anybody any ideas what the problem is?

Old 08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Electric Windows

Is your battery low on juice? Sometimes a hot day can sap a battery. The you drive the car and suddenly your windows work again cuz you gave it a small recharge. Then the car sits in the sun while you are at work and the battery gets drained again.

just a thought. Other than that I haven't got any idea.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum fionn!

This is a great site. We keep the dialogue friendly and the attitude positive. The info is well received by all and we are here to help anyone with the need. I hope you find it to your liking as well.

If you're not familiar with this forum, please click the START HERE! link. There you will find a forum vocab list, an Audi forum terminology list and an Audi lexicon list. They should be very helpful to you if you're not familiar with the jargon.

Please feel free to ask any question, but double check the archives first. Many questions have been archived and, quite often, the answers are comprehensive.

Old 08-19-2004, 08:01 AM

Thanks Brrman
You may be right, but i find the windows don't start working again till much later on in the evening when it gets cool. As well yesterday they locked open while i was driving [:@] and i could not get them up again till this morning. It was also suggested to me by a friend here that the windows were sticking to the rubber when it was hot, but again that does not explain why they would stick in the open position.

Thanks also to ImolaS4 for the welcome

Fionn