Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eventful night

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:20 AM
1st Gear
Default eventful night

it all started out good last night i get in my car to go to my friends house and i notice my cel went out so i was happy from that. i get to his house and theres nothin to do all of our friends r on vacation so we found someone eventually and we drive out there after gettin lost in her neighborhood. we sittin around not doin anythin there either so we decide to leave i get in my car and go to start it and my radio flashes and says safe. then my car didnt start and the battery was dead. so we had the dad attempt to jump my car but i think he had no clue cause my batter didnt even charge off of hiscar. so after that i called AAA cause i have a membership thing and they were gonna send someone out to help or tow. so after a long wait the guy gets there and he attempts to jump my car with his jumbo jumpers,,, well his cables were bad cause he tried jumpin ppl all day and it didnt work so he finally realized that his were bad. so he tows me home and he leaves and i have my dad get the jumps ready and guess wat my car started right away. so i have come to the conclusion that the girls dad was a complete idiot cause we spent over 30 minutes jumpin my car and nothin then the AAA's truck didnt work. so do u guys think my battery might be bad or my chargin system cause after my dad jumped it im pretty sure it didnt hold the charge.......sry for the long story

Old 07-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: eventful night

Probably a dying battery. If it was the alternator there would probably be more symptoms. You can have the battery and alt. tested for free at autozone (if you can make it there.) Or if you know someone who knows how to use/has a voltmeter- its simple enough.
I bet all the jumper cables that were tried were fine and hooked up correctly, and your battery is just being a bitch.