Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time on highway....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Default First time on highway....

Went to a wedding down by Ft Myers yesterday,took the scenic route down and I75 back,first time I had my car at 100-105 mph,blew some carbon buildup out from the fossil who owned my car B4 I got it,the handling was awesome,the car would cruise around 80 and with a tiny acceleration would be up to 100 in seconds,it hugged the road like hooking a sting ray that wants to chill on the ocean floor,very impressed for first time opening my car up!.! (ps wasnt drunk lol )

Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: First time on highway....

i had my car on the highway 2 times in the summer. it was amazing just like u said man. i'll be getting mine back on the highway in the spring after a few fixes

Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 PM
6th Gear

wait, do you mean like long trips or just going around town> i can't go anywhere without getting on some highway type road.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: hiwords

i had my car on the highway 2 times in the summer. it was amazing just like u said man.
You dont get out much, do you?

Old 11-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Slut

ORIGINAL: hiwords

i had my car on the highway 2 times in the summer. it was amazing just like u said man. i'll be getting mine back on the highway in the spring after a few fixes
where do you live? ive never heard anyone say something like that... crazy

Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 PM

I work a lot,have a 7 month old kid,and went like 45 miles south. I work 1.5 miles from my house and usually take my other car everywhere and put miles on it,Ive only had the Audi for about 3 weeks so do I get out much? More like I live close to/in the middle of everything in my city and never got out and opened my car up.It has power but it could use a 6th gear.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

where do you live? ive never heard anyone say something like that... crazy
I like how your mods are totaly not legible in your sig, and how it doesnt matter because there are asses and thongs which are the main focal point...

Old 11-11-2007, 11:48 PM

South Florida

Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

I am not big on speeding and I dislike the idiots who cruise on interstates at 100+ but I do find it sometimes necessary to pass the people in the fast who keep to the speed limit and don't get over to the slow lane. I was heading home from Chico, CAon I-5 following this lifted F-250 in the fast lane. This guy was cruising at 75mph which is the limit. Everybody likes to push it a bit. I usually hit the cruise control at 80-82. CHP's (NOT ALL) usually go for people 10 over (at the least). I followed this guy for awhile but we had a line of cars building. Problem was, and I'm sure this goes for a lot of interstates, we couldn't pass due to the line of semi's hauling their loads. I finally saw an opening but I knew I had to be quick about it. I cut into the right lane and accelerated. I passed the F-250 and beautifully slid back into the left. It literally felt like nothing. The handling was superb. It was so beautiful, I hadn't realized I was changing lanes at 115mph. I mean, holy ****! I had no idea but I am just happy these babies can hug the road. And that's my story.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Site Moderator

Well they are designed for the german autobaun

Quick Reply: First time on highway....