Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which fluid goes in yellow container?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Which fluid goes in yellow container?

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

sounds to me like you need some blinker fluid asap!
you got it all wrong its his flux capacitor thats gone wrong

Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 AM
1st Gear

cut him some slack. that's right, i'm gonna defend someone cause its not bout racing. most likely his first car and no manual. least he asked. its like when you cook w/those people that actually measure a pinch of this or a dash of that. he's overly worried, though i do miss working in the restaraunt and having them go to the freezer for some frozen orange juice-ha real item cause then we'd lock them in the freezer. no quick release on that sucker, course if you kicked the door, it popped open, but we never told them that.

this is your first car right? or atleast 1st car you're working on.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:30 AM
4th Gear

We all have to start somewhere! LOL

Yeah I bet it's your coolant. But would that turn on a CEL? I have run out of coolant before and it never turned on the cell. Go to autozone or some place like that and scan your car for codes and then post the codes here. That will help us figure out whats going on with your car.

josh

Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 AM
4th Gear

First thing to do is pop down to PEPboys and buy a Haynes manual for your car for 15 dollars which will help with basic maintenance etc.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
4th Gear

Use G-12 antifreeze.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

"man doc...that's heavy".. "what is your obsession with gravity?" (or something of the sort)
lol, you kids these days...

Actually I've just really never been missing coolant in any of my cars, its the one thing I've never really messed with. I usually dont venture beyond spark plugs/oils/filters when it comes to cars (previous honda then acura then nissan owner). I mean hey I got my DV in myself, my boost gauge,and wired my sub into the stupid symphony2 system.

plus I couldnt find a diagram showing what the resivour was...need that damn manual. I've checked kragen and autozone and neither has an audi manual, didn't think I'd actually need one since.. well.. I have you bastards.

gonna head to autozone on the way home to get my error codes, post later.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

that's right. stick it to us.
ORIGINAL: what?

"man doc...that's heavy".. "what is your obsession with gravity?" (or something of the sort)
lol, you kids these days...

Actually I've just really never been missing coolant in any of my cars, its the one thing I've never really messed with. I usually dont venture beyond spark plugs/oils/filters when it comes to cars (previous honda then acura then nissan owner). I mean hey I got my DV in myself, my boost gauge, and wired my sub into the stupid symphony2 system.

plus I couldnt find a diagram showing what the resivour was...need that damn manual. I've checked kragen and autozone and neither has an audi manual, didn't think I'd actually need one since.. well.. I have you bastards.

gonna head to autozone on the way home to get my error codes, post later.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
4th Gear

Can you take a picture of the tank and post it here? That would work to.

Josh

Old 10-17-2007, 02:29 PM
3rd Gear

+12 ^^

Old 10-17-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear

Wasn't trying to stick it to anyone...well maybe your mom....too much?

Heres some pics of the tank, looks fine to me for the most part but I swear I see like "buildup" of something at the bottom, look for the discolorment.

Also, my car has lost some of its power now..I am boosting full still and it seems to hold fine. But still there is a lack of power. I still haven't got to use the sensor, group5 wouldnt let me use their VAG and autozone rented their OBDII sensor thingy out...sigh.

It runs how I imagine 3 cylinders and a turbo feels, so I am worried a tad now. Thanks for the help.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...524/Audi/3.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...524/Audi/2.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...4/Audi/1-1.jpg

Quick Reply: Which fluid goes in yellow container?