Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Found a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Quattro with problems, do I buy it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Found a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Quattro with problems, do I buy it or not?

Here are a list of the problems. The dealer is "fixing" all of them. But would you still take it?

Light Assembly under the passanger seat facing the rear/backseat is being replaced
12V Power Plug in Trunk was broken, being replaced
Scratch on Front Drivers Side Fender, being repaired
Washer Fluid Spout System not shooting strong enough to hit windsheild, replacing entire assembly
Oil Leak from Gasket on the drivers side front of the engine block
Front Passanger Side Panel was painted in the past (not being replaced or fixed), BUT was not in an accident
Undercarriage cover to the passangers side front wheel well is cracked/chipped

Again, they are fixing as much as they can and they Guarantee the work they do for 6 months or 6,000 miles.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:10 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Found a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Quattro with problems, do I buy it or not?

when you buy an Audi, you dont settle. you get exactly what you want. if you had to ask this question, than it is not exactly what you want. keep looking. A4's are a dime a dozen, you can find the one you want.
ORIGINAL: kyle75244

Here are a list of the problems. The dealer is "fixing" all of them. But would you still take it?

Light Assembly under the passanger seat facing the rear/backseat is being replaced
12V Power Plug in Trunk was broken, being replaced
Scratch on Front Drivers Side Fender, being repaired
Washer Fluid Spout System not shooting strong enough to hit windsheild, replacing entire assembly
Oil Leak from Gasket on the drivers side front of the engine block
Front Passanger Side Panel was painted in the past (not being replaced or fixed), BUT was not in an accident
Undercarriage cover to the passangers side front wheel well is cracked/chipped

Again, they are fixing as much as they can and they Guarantee the work they do for 6 months or 6,000 miles.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Found a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Quattro with problems, do I buy it or not?

Good Call! I like your answer actually which is the reason that I asked the question to begin with. IT IS THE AUDI I want! It's perfect, everything I could want in it! BUT the mechanical problems scare me. Hell if someone was offering me a Free Bentley Continental GT with the same problems, I'd ask the same questions! But I'm just not familiar with the mechanics of the car. I've just always wanted it because of how gorgeous it is . . . . and this one is GORGEOUS! That's what is making this so hard! Any suggestions or input would HELP me A TON!

Kyle

Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 AM
5th Gear

none of that stuff sounds like any thing that would cause a prob later on so i say go for it man just make sure everything is how you want it

Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
3rd Gear

well, i bought my 01 in april (06). it took me only a few days of searching to find the car. must have looked at 10 cars in those few days but i found my 01 with 45k miles for 13k out the door from the Audi dealer. and my car is exactly what i wanted. a fully loaded 1.8T with every possible option for the 1.8t level. i do know how it feels to see one car and know "its the one" even though it might not be. its impulse that you are experienceing. trust me, pass on the car in question. I was glad i waited for my perfect '01
ORIGINAL: kyle75244

Good Call! I like your answer actually which is the reason that I asked the question to begin with. IT IS THE AUDI I want! It's perfect, everything I could want in it! BUT the mechanical problems scare me. Hell if someone was offering me a Free Bentley Continental GT with the same problems, I'd ask the same questions! But I'm just not familiar with the mechanics of the car. I've just always wanted it because of how gorgeous it is . . . . and this one is GORGEOUS! That's what is making this so hard! Any suggestions or input would HELP me A TON!

Kyle

Old 11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
3rd Gear

That is all small stuff........... Buy it

Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

if they're fixing those things, I'd go for it. I have a used o2' right now and I love it.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 AM
3rd Gear

i dunno, i wouldnt want a car that was repainted on the front passenger side panel. also the oil thing would scare me. even though they said they would "fix" the leak. makes me wonder how the previous owner(most likely owner(s)) treated the car. unless you are getting an insane deal, i would pass it up. just my .02$

Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 AM
4th Gear

Those aren't problems. That is "wear and tear".

Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear

what are they asking for it?

Quick Reply: Found a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, Quattro with problems, do I buy it or not?