Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel filter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Default fuel filter replacement

im going to change my fuel filter tomorrow, i saw the write up for the B5's but not one for the B6's. is it really as easy at it looks? disconnect the lines from both sides, watch for gas in the lines and simply reconnect the new one? I have done this on a 97 Grand prix and aside from the bolts being a PITA it was pretty easy. I hopingi canexpect the same tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: fuel filter replacement

for the b6 it's alot easier than the b5. but one thing to do is depressurize the system. to do this, u start the car, pull the fuel pump fuse and let he ar run till it dies. then change the filter. i would get sumthing to cover ur eyes and face. gas does not feel or taste good

Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
2nd Gear

its not fun on a b6 either just for the simple fact the connectors on the fuel lines are weird... i replaced my fuel pump and one connector had two tabs on each side u had to pull up then in and squeeze... it was a biatch... the other connector was a simple squeeze and pull off.... i dont understand why audi didnt use the simple connector on all of them!!!!!

the fuel filter has four of the difficult connectors... i was going to do mine, but i read lots of posts on audizine where people had broken one and ended up having to replace a fuel line then drop the tank and so on... plus i had so much trouble on the pump with that one connector, i didnt want to be in that boat..... there is a fuel line tool that makes it easy but audi didnt have it........so i paid the mechanic $40

Old 10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

I value my free time at about 10$/hr, so if something is going to only cost me that amount for someone else to do it (especially if they have more tools and a already dirty garage) I go for it. I mean hey you bought an audi, wtf is $40 for your free time.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: what?

I value my free time at about 10$/hr, so if something is going to only cost me that amount for someone else to do it (especially if they have more tools and a already dirty garage) I go for it. I mean hey you bought an Audi, wtf is $40 for your free time.
as you get older those words will bite back unless your rich and lazy

Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

well i got underneath it tonight and was looking around and noticed the autozone guy gave me the wrong one. thank god i had only pulled the plastic off. I was hoping to do it myself just for the simple fact that i didn't want to be without it saturday during the day because its going to be so nice but i think i'll call the guy in advance, make sure he has the part and take it early. The mechanic owes me some G12 anyway!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:52 PM
5th Gear

http://www.autozone.com/N,14900540/s...eResultSet.htm
that's wut they offer. wut part number did he give u? i used to work at an autozone so i kno that sum of those guys can be absolute morons. most of them only kno american and japanese cars but not german cars.