Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel System Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Default Fuel System Cleaning

Hi everyone,

I recently went to the dealer to get my window regulators replaced under the extended warranty. However, they told me I needed a furl system cleaning badly - they offered to do it for $415.00 so I quickly told them to leave it alone and not do anything. Do you guys know what exactly that entails and if I can do it myself? If so, what do I need and how would I go about doing it? Any hwlp would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Fuel System Cleaning

They are trying to rip you off. What reason did they give for you needed to get that done anyway?
You should never have to do anything more than a $6 bottle of techron fuel system cleaner or an $8 bottle of seafoam treatment.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

They are trying to rip you off. What reason did they give for you needed to get that done anyway?
You should never have to do anything more than a $6 bottle of techron fuel system cleaner or an $8 bottle of seafoam treatment.
Yeah i've been wondering about this, What is the best bottle to buy to clean your system? Does it matter the engine? O idk lets say a '98 2.8 30v...

Old 01-03-2007, 09:08 AM
4th Gear

[/align]
[blockquote]

Buy a botle of Techron for 6 dollars.

[/align][/blockquote]

Old 01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
1st Gear

maybe they are replacing the fuel filter... Thats a bitch to get at, its sort of behind the gas tank

I had it done, plus an oil leak fix for 100 $ at my garage

Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 PM

they are probably talking about your fuel filter, i highly doubt they would charge $415 to pour a bottle of seafoam in your gas tank....but you never know with the stealership And $400 is pretty steep for just a fuel filter change

Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

yeahh... just find some honest car mechanic and go to them... I found a guy that I know in CT that does a real good job.

I didnt change my fuel filter in a REAL long time on my 2.8 and when i got it changed i FELT the change, lol.

Anyway, also, I tried doing this myself because I found a tutorial on this website, but it is ALOT harder than it looks, and i was a little bit sketched out about prying the gas tank down without the straps on it... but if you do want to do it yourself, the tutorial is on here.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 PM

dont use techron, go back to the dealer and talk to the parts dept. guys and ask them for the foctory fuel treatment stuff. its not made by audi but it is an endorsed product by audi. i have found dealers that dont buy it from the part hubs in the country. the dealership i use is the supply vein for all the other dealers out here so they have every little stupid thing audi sells.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

[/align]

Buy a botle of Techron for 6 dollars.

[/align]
Available at Chevron gas stations or parts stores? or both??

Old 01-03-2007, 09:16 PM

OK, It's funny because I use the techron additive in my gas. So how would they really know I need the fuel filter changed. Does anyone know what the recommended mileage that the fuel filter change should be done? Also, I thought aboutdoing a full system additive that also involves an enfine treatment but I remembe when I had a DSMthe 14B or 16G turbos did not like the engine treatment stuff and would gel up quite easily. What can you guys tellme about an engine treatment on the A4.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Quick Reply: Fuel System Cleaning