Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge Cluster information screen not working please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Gauge Cluster information screen not working please help.

Hey guys , I have a 2000 Audi a4 1.8t Quattro Manual tranny , The little screen in the middle of the dash stop showing the radio stations and temperature etc , I was wondering what fuse goes to this ? And if not a fuse what else would cause this ? The screen works on startup and says OK and if I hit the button will go through all the lights , and when I open my door it lights up , but it does not come up for the radio stations. The reason Im so concerned is I was having the frequent oil light come on , then did the extensive engine flush treatment as one member reccomended , anyhow it worked well , Ive driven 800 miles on it with no oil light then this screen went out , in addition to my airbag light being on , I now have a check engine light by the airbag light on at 1,050 miles over the oil change, Just want to get this fixed and make sure my oil light isnt coming on anymore , so I know whether to change this oil pump or not .

I do get a brief humm and click upon startup that doesnt sound that bad at all , it's also only upon cold startup but thats probraly just the Cam Chain tensioner , Am I correct ? Or is it a sign that my Oil pump is crapping out ?

If it matters , I just changed the cam chain tensioner , The timing belt and the water pump, and put in a new used turbo(k03) , along with adding in a manual boost gauge 1,100 miles ago right before the engine flush.
Car seems to run fine I just don't want to ruin anything . Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Kris

Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: Gauge Cluster information screen not working please help.

not to say it is the problem of the fix, but push and hold the up down arrow on the end of the stick, you may have inadvertantly turned it off

Old 12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

I think he said the panel works but doesn't display radio stations:
ORIGINAL: Audistic

The screen works on startup and says OK and if I hit the button will go through all the lights , and when I open my door it lights up , but it does not come up for the radio stations.

If it matters , I just changed... along with adding in a manual boost gauge 1,100 miles ago
Hey Kris, did the panel work after you installed the boost gague? Did you install the gague on the same citcuit as the panel or the radio?

I'm interested in replies on this too, as the panel in my B5 has some bad pixels. I've been told I have to replace the entire gague cluster instead of the status panel.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

yea this is a common occurence on our cars...unfortunately fine german tuning and suspension is what we get and not top notch electronics...apparently the Germans couldnt figure out how to have long lasting light clusters..lol

this has been discussed alot and I know one member was trying to geteveryone to send names and makes/models of their cars to give to his attorney to contact audi directly about the issue and get some sort of recall done ..but I dont think anything ever happened...

live with it..or replace the whole gauge cluster for around 1G

Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
4th Gear

Did you just turn it off? There is a switch on the bottom of the column with the toggle switch on the end that turns the display on and off. Push it .