Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting nervous...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:43 PM
1st Gear
Default getting nervous...

I posted a while back about my turbocharger acting up. I decided, since there were so many things it could be, I would take it to the dealership. They told me to leave it over night and they would get to it first thing in the morning. well its nearly 4 and I havent heard anything. I called the dealership, and they were "still working on it". I made it clear not to do anything until they told me what was wrong and gave me a quote.

Guess I gotta keep playing the waiting game.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Default RE: getting nervous...

still working on it could mean that they just started or havent started yet. you know how some of these guys are. dont get too worried yet.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
6th Gear

Everytime I've been to the dealer everything takes hours and hours extra than what they say. I wouln't worry too much.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:00 PM
2nd Gear

Thats weird my dealer always has my families audis returned to us earlier than they promise them. I brought my car in to have the auto dimming mirror replaced and the right headlamps cuz they died (apparently a wiring problem) they promised if I dropped it off at 8am they would have it to me by 5:00 that same day, but they called me at noon and I picked it up before lunch.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Well, whoever said they probably havent gotten to it yet was right. Just got off the phone with them agian at 5, and they said they got more cars in than they thought, and would not get to it until tomorrow morning. NOw Im wondering why they told me it was important to leave it there yesterday afternoon, if they wereent gong to get to it for more than a day. Especially since they will not give me a loaner car.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Administrator

they are just have to many cars to work on but that should be no excuse but u kno wut can u do

Old 08-25-2005, 11:24 PM
3rd Gear

They would have called if there was anything serious.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

FInally heard from them after almost 2 full days. They are saying that their computer says its putting out too much boost, and they wanted to know if it was chipped. I bought it used about a month ago and if it is chipped, this is the first I am hearing of it. I hope that is not what caused the problem, because I am paying 2 grand for a warrantee that is basically void in this situation.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Administrator

was your car powerful when u drive, did u enjoy the performance of the car if so u might actually have a chip
casue in stock forum are cars are slow as hell

i hope that you car isnt chipped casue your warrenty is gone and it isnt your fault
but if u bought the car from the audi dealership then it shouldnt be chipped casue they should kno

Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

It was fast occasionally, which sounds weird, because most of the time my turbo would barely even kick on, if at all. But when it did, it was fast relative to when it didnt, but this is the only one ive ridden in, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Also, I bought it used from an infiniti dealer, not an audi dealer. And the guy working on it said, that he will try and cover me about the chip, if in fact there is one, when he talks to the warrantee people.

All in all, pretty wierd, and im pissed that I wont be able to drive her one last time before I leave for college tomorrow, as it wont be done until the middle of next week.

Quick Reply: getting nervous...