Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting oil in coolent.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 AM
1st Gear
Default Getting oil in coolent.

I'm tearing down my b5 a4 1.8t tip right now. Noticed the engine coolent temp getting warm quarter inch past 12 O'clock on stock gauge, shut her down pulled over opened the hood let her cool down and added some water, noticed oil sludge in coolent and then opened oil cap and to my suprise/relief there was now coolent in the oil. Checked oil and she is low. Add Quart Of mobile 1 full synth, had in the trunk. I'm out in the sticks, no cell signal sticks. Drive gingerly an other 10 or so stressfull miles constantly monitering the gauges, then the oil light comes on pull over cursing its dark and there isnt a house light within miles. Look under my car and shes bleeding water&oil mixture from somewhere too dark to see, to pissed to care, jumped in her and b-lined it trying to stay out of boost. Get up to speed and shut her down and coast limp for like 10 more miles untill found cell signal and opened fuel station. Called my buddy, wait what for what felt like a decade. I car dolly the bitch back, the whole way listing my anti-VW. Honda **** friend bashing my car with joy. So I'm thinking I would like to poll the Forum in hopes of some insight. I have a head gasket kit looking at me right now, But im thinking mabee a cracked turbo due to a coolent leak over heating the ko3 with apr chip. I don't know so please feel free to put your two cents in, as I prepare to smash my piggy bank. Thanks/Peace Nate

Old 04-07-2006, 03:13 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Getting oil in coolent.

well where exactly was it leaking from?.......u better hope u didnt crack the block.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 AM
1st Gear

well I'll tell you here in about an hour. Hope not, that would put a speed bump down on my path of life.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:22 AM
5th Gear

sounds more like just a head gasket to me

Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 AM
3rd Gear

yea il be awake in an hour lemme know......

1st Gear

Thank you I need that kind of encourgement.

5th Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

sounds more like just a head gasket to me
yea, it's probably just a blown head gasket...don't drive your car with the oil in there...flush your coolant system after you replace the head gasket and refill it with Pentosin G12 coolant

Old 04-07-2006, 03:29 AM
1st Gear

Thats what i had planed on I'm just geussing that the water pump dosnt like this amount of lubrication or what?

Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 AM
2nd Gear

Yep. My car is in the shop for the exact same reason right now. If its not the head gasket its a malfunctioning oil cooler. Your going to have to flush the radiator about 10 times replace all radiator lines. Do an oil filter and oil change and oil cooler install. =) Fun times. You should be okay cause i drove like that for a week and a half.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:39 AM
1st Gear

No way...I'm sitting here with my beer looking at the oil cooler with a perplexed brow thinking why am I getting oil in the water but no coolent in the oil, makes sence although Im not familar with the internals of the oil cooler. thanks im zipping my intake off right now, or mean right now.

Quick Reply: Getting oil in coolent.