Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my car back...i wanna hear my turbo more

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
1st Gear
Default got my car back...i wanna hear my turbo more

Yea yea its true i finally got my car back, had to get a new usedengine. Well the engine got says 20vturbo on it now, people been telling me its the same as 1.8t, im thinking they are right because it fits in my car. I been searching forCAI for my car( A4 97 quad ) because i want to hear my turbosound louder. I wanted to know if their is any other CAI that could fit my model.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: got my car back...i wanna hear my turbo more

Evoms or carbonia makes a cold air intake for our years

Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

It will definately make your turbo louder then get a DV and flash it gives your way more psi out of your turbo. Its the best way to make it scream

Old 01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

A DV adds no PSI. A chip can though.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185

It will definately make your turbo louder then get a DV and flash it gives your way more psi out of your turbo. Its the best way to make it scream
I know the DV does not help. A flash and chip are the same thing, I am well aware the DV gives you no PSI boost. you only need an upgraded DV because the stock one will fail after a while when you get a flash

Old 01-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Site Moderator

1.8t is a 20valve turbo engine. Probably looks different because you didnt have an engine cover before?

Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Site Moderator

evoms and carbonio arent true CAI's. evoms intake is a rip off at $279 because you can make your own just like it for about $70. The heat shield that comes with evoms's is next to useless. The carbonio isnt any le$$ but has superior heat shielding. If you are going to go with an intake with exposed filter you have to make sure the heat shield is efficient to prevent heat soak. Best way is to fabricate your own with parts from home depot and get the actual shielding material off the net from a company that specializes in heat shielding.
Im going to be building my own intake system with parts from this site: http://www.sfxperformance.com/catego...ke_Systems.aspand make my own heat shield. Mainly because i want to hear the turbo/dv more as well. I just want to be sure to do it the right way, which ive found is not the airbox mod or to get ripped off by someone elses design.
BUT, a lot of people appreciate the convenience and R&D that other companies like evoms and carbonio have on the market. There is a lot less work involved with them and i do encourage people interested in intakes to check out what our sponsors have to offer if thats the route they prefer

The only intake that comes close to being an actual CAI is the ABD intake because the filter sits the furthest away from the major heat sources compared to any other intake system.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear

I look forward to hearing about your project, onepoint8tee! I think it would be fun to build your own with a good size and reliable heat sheild

Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: swift_A4

I look forward to hearing about your project, onepoint8tee! I think it would be fun to build your own with a good size and reliable heat sheild
Yup itll look good, sound good, serve its purpose and be one of a kind for sure.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
4th Gear

Yeah keep us informed onepoint8tee... And I plan on buying a Carbanio Intake, cause I had a terrible terrible experience with Evoms. Plus i've heard if either the Carbanio is the better way to go... Mabye not $$ wise but performance wise.. plus it looks awsome and provides some sound

Quick Reply: got my car back...i wanna hear my turbo more