Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got new job!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default got new job!!!!

well as i talked about me not having a job about a week ago, i took action and now have one. and now im going to have some cash and am very interested in mods now. im looking at a chip, dv, and an intake. what are the best of these and which do yall think are the best. in dv valve im looking for one that gives sound but not too loud. well i really havent heard the sound of a new dv so i cant really say anything aobut that. i just want to get the best mods for my great car that give the most power. some advice and tips are needed.
Thanks.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: got new job!!!!

evoms intake, forged 007 dv, and an apr chip (or giac if you plan on ever building a BT setup)

Old 11-14-2005, 11:30 PM
3rd Gear

GIAC if you want to get a K04 in the future, otherwise whatever floats your boat. Even the EvoMS intake is kinda shaky, I think. Just skip it and get a test pipe or something, if you must buy an engine mod for that kind of money. You can swing a 710n, or you could pay for a Forge or Bailey's. I think the latter two give off a slighty louder sound, but I don't know and don't care enough to find out.

Where'd you get hired? I'm going to go job hunting this weekend.

Bent, what did you stick your rear rings back on with after painting them? I'm gonna do this sometime, but I don't want to Elmer's them or something.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:38 PM
2nd Gear

well i actually got a job from my school. i clean up around 2 car washes. 8 bucks an hour. not too bad. well what would a good legal downpipe with good gains?

Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 PM
3rd Gear

I don't know about legality, but there's the Labree, which people seem to love, which you can buy from eurocode or tantrumwerkes. Legality is relative; no one will know unless you tell them, or show them, like an emissions test.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:43 AM
5th Gear

yuik, i used some 3m double-sided tape. i have a few pics at home i can post up to show you how i did it. it's not too difficult, just takes a little while. basically i just laid two strips of tape across it, pressed the hell out of it until i could see the outside lip fairly well, and started cutting away with a utility knife.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:56 AM
3rd Gear

Congrats on the new job. If you want to get started as soon as possible, the 710N is the cheapest dv at $35. Than get an APR or GIAC chip. Both are great, but if you have an '01, deff get the GIAC-X chip. It is the best.