Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great way to start the week

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Great way to start the week

On my way to work (7:15 AM) I was entering a section of road that goes from 1 lane to 2, and I drive just like any other day - usually keeping up with traffic. All of a sudden I look in the mirror and see a bike cop with his lights on behind me. That stupid m****r f****r pulled me over for doing 49 in a 40! Talk about being an *******. So I got hit with a $80 ticket (it could be worse, so I shouldn't complain) and he hit me with a $70 ticket cuz I didn't have a proof of insurance card with me. I'm originally from Mass where there is no such thing, so I've never carried one around with me. So lucky me - I get spend tomorrow night taking a "safe driving" course that is 4 hours long. Man do I hate cops.[sm=smiley7.gif]

Old 06-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Great way to start the week

only 80 for speeding thats cheap

Old 06-07-2005, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

I know it could be worse, but it's my first one. Up to this point I've had a clean record. So it stings a little...

Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

Psst..."Speed Limit" is the maximum speed, not the minimum speed

I love when people compain about getting caught breaking the law

In short, you broke the law, period. Whether you think it was justified because you were "only" doing 49 isnt the point. Breaking the law is breaking the law, and dont complain about the cops when they are doing their job and catch you

*edit* Didnt mean to come off as an ***, just what I think

Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
3rd Gear

Thats nothing. Ive had 95 Km/h in a 50. 2 times . 2 days apart from eachother.
Both were $300 Can.
LOL

Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 AM

prothymos that sux. I hope ur insurance wont go up? My speeding ticket was 212 for 17 over with traffic school. Ur ticket was cheap.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:30 AM
5th Gear

No reason to narc on the guy for going with the flow dude... if you ask me -- a cop is doing his job by pulling the guys off the road who are weaving through traffic, and posing a real threat. In most cases, going the speed limit is impeding traffic, and initiates road rage, and more aggressive driving from the people surrounding you.

I got a 10 over once... which is like a 6 over, in miles an hour... and the ticket was 40 dollars. That 40 dollar ticket costs me hundreds of dollars a year in insurance. It's complete bullsh*t. Cops should do their job by making the roads safer... not by pulling over the nice cars... my cop, for the 10 over ticket, was completely honest with me. I explained to him that I was going with the flow, and had a completely clean record, and wasn't an aggressive driver... he said he'd give me a "hint"... and thats that "we're gonna yank the nice car outta the bunch everytime"

Hmm, makes sense eh!? The awd sports sedan at 10 km over the limit probably poses a serious threat... compared to a rusted out GMC safari with failing brakes, that had been tailgating me the whole time.

Very little respect for cops that pull this sh*t.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

Well, one thing you do have to remember (at least here in the States) is that each state expects their highway patrol to write (x) number of tickets every month. The more the better, as it (generally) means your pulling more people over who are breaking the law (not to mention they do depend on the money they get from these law breakers)

Old 06-07-2005, 02:08 AM

i think its bull that ur insurance goes up with 1 ticket. i think u should have the traffic school and then one more for six years grace from ur insuarnce. But where i live the flow of traffic is always over teh speed limit unless ur on the freeway then ur going at maybe 45 if its not in a busy town.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:25 AM
1st Gear

Yanking the nice car out of the bunch is right!

My dad got a 50 dollar ticket for doing 63 in a 55 FOLLOWING 2 people. The thing is, he was driving a yellow Porsche Boxster S.

I have considered myself extremely lucky - only time i got pulled over i was doing 62 in a 50 with a big *** conversion van and i only got a warning. That was last spring. Overall I try to drive very conservatively when possible and just stay with the flow of traffic. At 18 its hard enough to pay insurance on a turbo charged car - I dont need that upped with a speeding ticket.

I agree that cops are only doing their job when pulling people over but pulling over the nicer car out of the bunch - ESPECIALLY if they are going with traffic - is utter bullshit and really pisses me off. Just because we can afford these cars doesn't mean we bought them to pay Sheriff's offices' their weekly doughnut money.

Quick Reply: Great way to start the week