Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTRS Question (done search)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
1st Gear
Default GTRS Question (done search)

Hey i have a few questions about the GTRS Elim Kit from ATP (done the searches)
What exhaust housings can i run with this turbo? T3, T25, etc .... Say i buy the turbo from these guys, the kit they have (just the turbo and lines) What bolt pattern do i need on the exhaust housing (as in what does the turbo use) What about fitting it to the exhaust manifold? Can it use the stock 3 bolt, or can i fit it to an exhaust manifold fitted for 4 bolts? Ive done some searches and i couldnt find this information

Old 11-18-2007, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: GTRS Question (done search)

U can use the GTRS with the stock manifold, but you will lose power on the top end.. if you dont want to go with the ATP mani (they have redesigned it but...) you can get a tubular mani from 034 and a few more companies

Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM

yeah that is the point of the elim kit, so it bolts up to the kkk manifold.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 AM
2nd Gear

Exactly, but if your thinking to get aftermarket tubular exhaust then you shouldnt be in the market for the gtrs anyway.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

isnt the GTRS kit considered a GT28RS though? I should be able to fit a different exhaust housing on it, and fit it to an aftermarket exhaust manifold? Or am i just completely wrong

Old 11-18-2007, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear

Im pretty sure it goes gtrs, gt28r gt28rs gt2871r, but im not quite sure. either way, there are better routes to take when going with a bigger turbo. That info you can find on the forum when you search.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

yeah ive found all that thanks.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear

say, instead of using the stock kkk exhaust mani, what are some other options i could use with this kit?

Old 11-18-2007, 02:43 AM
2nd Gear

Well atp makes the stock location manifold like the one on the car right now, i believe it has better flow characteristics. But if you go with a tubular exhaust, (and i believe atp makes one as well) it will most likely be mounted upwards, so that the turbo is closer to the hood. http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...gory_Code=VVWM

This is alot better, eliminates tight spaces mostly. That will be the cheapest you will find, but it isnt tubular, and as cincy says, it will help create low end torque but wont have the top end a tubular manifold will have. But be prepared to pay lots for the tubular.

Also if you go with the different location for the turbo, you will have to get the exhaust piping custom made for that bit, or find specially made dowpipes, but they are few and far between i believe.

I am going to search for a post of mine that expands on all this info.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Tech Slut

As I understand, the elim kits are designed to bolt up to the stock mani and cat. so if you were to want aftermarket mani and such, you would have to find ones that retain stock flange patterns on both.

Quick Reply: GTRS Question (done search)