Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anybody bought from visionbulbs.com?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear
Default has anybody bought from visionbulbs.com?

I am looking at their D2S ballast kit and was wondering if that kit mounted where the stock ballast goes?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: has anybody bought from visionbulbs.com?

Hehe, glad to see you're looking for ways to make this work!
You'll really have to take a look at that rectangular area on your headlight and at pictures of the ballasts you're interested in. I don't know how much luck you'll have finding anybody who's got OEM Xenon housings with aftermarket ballasts. I'm sure it's been done... but whether or not it's been talked about is another story.

You might be able to hold the ballast up in the rectangular area of the headlight using some double-sided tape or velcro... just depends on the size.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

I found this guy on ebay....akinaboy and he has some that appear to work. I am waiting for a response from him. Visionbulbs is cheaper and a sponsor so I like them a bit more. I did email visionbulbs too, but they haven't responded yet.

My concern with rigging the system up is that it is on the underneath of the light...and I don't want to damage anything when it rains.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 PM
5th Gear

Yeah I can't remember how it looks under the light... it's been ages since I've had mine out. Is it like an opening, into the actual headlight? If it is, you'd certainly have to seal it up somehow.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:09 PM
2nd Gear

hey man i purchased a HID conversion kit from visionbulbs and absolutely LOVE IT! I have had no problems whatsoever and their customer service is great. I put the balasts under the headlights which is a good spot for them. Not only do they fit good (left headlight needed some umph to it) but they dont interfere with radio reception. Alot of people complained that putting the balasts dirrectly behind the headlight created interference with the radio recetion, i dont know why. The kit is great and looks even better, i went with the 6000k bulbs and i think they are perfect, not to mention still legal. I dont know what year you have but most b5's were H7 kits.

[/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM

Assuming that you already have OEM Xenon...

The Visionbulbs ballsts will not be plug 'n play with stock bulbs. The reason is that the aftermarket kit is proprietary and uses different connectors. I would assume that if you wanted to, you could rig something up to make it work, but just giving you a heads up.

btw...their products are good quality though...I have their 6000K kit

Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
1st Gear

96audi4 and a4rolin......I think you guys missed my other thread. I bought xenon ready valeo housings from ecstuning.com. Those need the D2S bulbs. As you guys pointed out...my 98.5 needed H7. I actually bought an H7 HID kit, and that kit....obviously did not fit in the lights I bought. So... now I am looking to sell that H7 kit (from vvme.com) and get the kit I need for the housings I bought.

The Visionbulbs ballsts will not be plug 'n play with stock bulbs. The reason is that the aftermarket kit is proprietary and uses different connectors. I would assume that if you wanted to, you could rig something up to make it work, but just giving you a heads up.
Can you explain that to me fuller please. I really don't want to buy the wrong thing ....... a second time. I did get the wiring harness and the housing I bought does fit the stock high beam, and the turn single also fits.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 AM
4th Gear

you'll be fine with wiring with a vision kit
he was under the impression your car came factory equipped with xenon's and thought the wiring would be different

but you just bought some xenon ecodes, so the wiring is regular non xenon style, but bulb socket in headlight is different.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
3rd Gear

I have vision bulbs 8000K. I didnt mount the ballast under the light but rigged it to the rad support directly behind. probly the best cosmetic mod i've done besides painted lowers. I have no problems with them at all besides some slight flickering and the orange error message because my car is too smart for its own good and thinks i have a bulb out because of the voltage drop... oh well I'm thinking of opening up the instrument cluster and putting black electrical tape over the top of the screen where the error shows up while my lights are on.. has anyone lese found a way to deal with this???

back to your problem. dont sell your stuff just return it to the company. you can call them and explain you bought the wrong thing and you have to do some research in order to find out what you really need to buy. they should accept your return. you'll be out shipping though. then just get the whole kit form vision. call them and tell them exactly what you have and they will know what you need. what fits and they will help you with install and everything.

get some pics of the "opening" on teh bottom of your lights housing. I have never heard or seen anything like what you are describing and I've seen quite a few e-codes and stock housings.

let us know how everything goes...

Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

I emailed vvme.com and am waiting for them to get back to me. It may not be worth it for me to ship them back to China.....

I'll get some pictures of the "hole" when I get home tonight....sorta late.It is actually a good design....better than h7 ecodes IMO. The ballast is supposed to fit in this hole, and then the wires pull up inside the housing to connect to my low beams (at least that is how I see this happening). With the H7 ecodes, you have to drill a whole in the back of housings to get the wires in.

Quick Reply: has anybody bought from visionbulbs.com?