Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel-toe

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Heel-toe

ORIGINAL: derek03

ORIGINAL: Cosmic Fur

ORIGINAL: new2me

There was a group buy a while ago not sure if you can still get the pedals at a discount or not though. I did'nt buy them because I think they were about $50+ and i cant see myself spending that much on pedals. I also remember that you cant just slap any set on your car.
I know I can't slap just any set, hence the me asking for a good set

Edit: nvm, found it.
hey cosmic, i have a b6 a4 with the same problem. what kind of pedals did you end up getting? are they any good?
I've made the post a few days ago, so no I haven't gotten any yet. My search has been somewhat unsucessful in the sense that the UltimatePedals group buy seemed to be the only place ot get pedals that were made for the A4. The rest of the pedals I found were all those generic Momo/Sparco pedals, and I have no clue as to how good those are. But, considering UltimatePedals are close to $100 and the generic ones you can pick up for $30, I'm guessing not very. Then again, it's pedals, it's not really a complicated piece of equipment.

I'm still looking, so if someone can even recommend a good generic pedal set that will make heel-toe easier ont he A4, that'd be sweet.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:04 PM
1st Gear

UK guy... california... it's got mountains, lots of them, especially when you live on the coast. Not everywhere is flat like the midwest.

To you guys off changing your pedals and stuff so you can heel-toe. Try practicing your form, you'll get it w/ the stock ones. To the guys who can do it on other cars. Keep practicing in the audi, it'll come to you. you just need to adapt your form a bit.

Seriously, it's not hard to heel-toe in these cars. It's always a little different car to car, but it's not impossible. just work on your technique and it'll come to you.

When rolling to stops, practice by pushing in the clutch, applying the brake to slow down for the stop, but keep the revs at 3k rpm the entire time with the side of your foot/heel. When you can keep a steady 3k rpm rev, you can start working on doing it on freeway off ramps. Rev-match in a straight line while down shifting. If you do it correctly, the car should not lunge at all, and passengers shouldn't notice the downshift. When you can do that smoothly, then start doing it while approaching turns.

just practice and you'll be able to do it fine.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Point taken, but pedals DO make a great stocking stuffer.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Zombie Defense Force

on my car i dont use my heal i use the other side of my foot. the ball or left side of my right foot is for break and the right side feathers the gas.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

yeah that's how i roll, Jeff. Works pretty good

Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

Somebody mentioned using the Heel on the brake instead - BAd idea!! The toes and ball of the foot have way better 'feel' and control for braking, so I wouldnt mess around with this new technique.

Personally I like to 'ball & ball' on my downshifts, by gently rolling my foot over to hit the gas slightly as I brake

Old 12-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Zombie Defense Force

yup works for me
Personally I like to 'ball & ball' on my downshifts, by gently rolling my foot over to hit the gas slightly as I brake

Old 12-23-2006, 06:59 PM
1st Gear

well i have to say your reaction was so much milder than i expected guys ... still now you all got it sussed , blipin the gas pedal whilst "workin a stick" ! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]none of you have yet mentioned left foot braking?

i remeber bein in florida for xmas some years ago , and there was an ad on radio for the GEO TRACKER or maybe the STORM .. and it was "GIRLS JUST LOVE A GUY WHO CAN WORK A STICK" ,...... ha ha ha ha how we laughed! !

Old 12-23-2006, 09:20 PM
2nd Gear

^^ haha. we havent mentioned left foot breaking because when you left foot break, you arnt using the clutch. left foot breaking if for when you are slowing fro a turn, buy tou stay in the same gear. or being in an automatic.

Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM
1st Gear

then you keep your foot under the seat right!! left foot braking is also used in a little european thing called rally driving ! where you race the clock over stages .. these can be loose gravel ,ice, snow, tarmac ,desert, or any combination of the afore mentioned.........( audi are quite competitive) ( the Quattro cars were developed for the sport ,, ) any how foot to the floor on loose surfaces and left foot ion the brake!!!!!!!!
(ENGLISH HUMOUR PEOPLE DONT GET ALL UPSET)
AFTER ALL IT MUST BE FUSTRATING DRIVING YOUR TT IN A STRIGHT LINE ON SOME INTERSTATE AND NOT HAVING THE CHANCE TO CHUCK IT IN YO A TIGHT LEFT HANDER THAT TIGHTENS ON THE APEX x x x

Quick Reply: Heel-toe