Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello all......need some minor help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: hello all......need some minor help!

ORIGINAL: clconversion

congrats on the Audi the modding has only starting haha now that you have joined this forum your bank account will be empty soon enough haha BTW how many miles on the car just make sure you have the timing belt and tensioners done by at least 70-80 miles

as for the clear corners you bought try and sell them on ebay as the 1 piece look much better in my opinion

for wheels this is a question I get almost everyday customers come up to me and ask me which wheels look best on there car but it is all personal opinion

as for the whine sound sounds like a wheel bearing problem very common on A4's and for the clunk without looking at the car my guess would be a control arm

and if you are interested in more power make sure to take a look at these few sites

www.goapr.com
www.pestuning.com
www.awetuning.com
www.atpturbo.com

can i come and steal ur wheels!!!!!
got to love black rims!

the car has 100k on it so i hope the person b4 me did those items....the car runs really really well! ihave talked with several people who tell me the car isnt broken in until at least 100k.....so i guess im through the broken in period.....the bank acct is already wiped out...my husband is a car finatic...he has a 00 Trans am...with LOTS of bells and whistles...this is our first german car though...we had many many gm products and I have always like audi's so i figured lets get one now b4 i change my mind

im seriously thinking about taking the lights out and selling them....
we will see what happens .....

Old 11-08-2005, 06:03 PM

haha I have since sold those wheels they were Enkie RSV's 18" my next set will be a set of 18" BBS CH's

if you could find out for sure if the timing belt has been done this will cause major damage if not replace

good to see you moving over from GM never been a GM fan myself but some are nice you will enjoy the ride and handling a lot better than the GM products

Old 11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

MMMM....BBS....

Old 11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
3rd Gear

Dude, I'll send you my rear quattro emblem. It's right here in my hand.

EDIT: Congrats on the car! Make sure you do maintenance jobs too.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

flik makes an affordable wheel thats black with silver polished lip (black wasps). they are affordable too.
also try ADR and HP-racing. i know hps are sold on ebay all the time.

this is my personal choice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-in...spagenameZWDVW

you may like these though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-x8...spagenameZWDVW

if you can find them with polished lip instead of chrome lip they are considerably cheaper.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:52 PM
5th Gear

check out ADR M-SPORTS. they look a lot like the wheels you tried to get and they are pretty inexpensive too. as far as the headlights go, ebay is also your best bet. but don't forget that Valeo doesn't make a two-piece projector headlight, so if you go that route you're going to get a build quality that is sub-par at best. you'll probably end up having to deal with condensation (especially in harsh climates), and possibly discoloration.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:29 AM
3rd Gear

classifieds. great deal, jump on it...........................

https://www.audiforums.com/m_146323/tm.htm

Old 11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
1st Gear

these are the ones im getting now....i got them for 900 with tires and shipped to me....so i think that wasnt too bad...they will be here on friday! im very excited! I will take a pic of the car after i get them on the car so you can all see my car!

I email the guy about those lights...if worse comes to worse ill just buy the 1 pieces and either keep the clear corners as back ups just incase something happens they were only 80.00 so its not too bad...if they were more money i might rethink it!

just so i make sure im right....which ones are the lights that i wont have to cut any wires or modify the body of the car in any way...i want plug in play kind...im not keen on modify cars if i cant do them easily.......

Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

Dude, I'll send you my rear quattro emblem. It's right here in my hand.

EDIT: Congrats on the car! Make sure you do maintenance jobs too.
"DUDETTE......is it clean...no scratches? im looking for a good one i want a new one with the adhesive on it already but i cant sem to find them

how much u want for it?

Old 11-09-2005, 03:31 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: clconversion

haha I have since sold those wheels they were Enkie RSV's 18" my next set will be a set of 18" BBS CH's

if you could find out for sure if the timing belt has been done this will cause major damage if not replace

good to see you moving over from GM never been a GM fan myself but some are nice you will enjoy the ride and handling a lot better than the GM products
I wouldnt even know where to start out to find out if it was done...what are some of the signs that it will needs to be changed? anything i might need to look for or hear? the car sounds like and runs like a champ especially since it has over 100k on it!

is this the lights you are talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-01...ayphotohosting

Quick Reply: hello all......need some minor help!