Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello, new user here looking for A4 buying information.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 08:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello, new user here looking for A4 buying information.

While I was browsing around on the site getting acquainted I found a dead link "All the DV info you will ever need" in "GOOD THREAD LINKS (New Members Start Here)" seems to go nowhere.

So heres the scoup. I want to buy a 2010 or 2011 A4. I want to spend between 23K and 29K. My research shows I want the Premium Plus package at least.

So my questions are these:
What packages should I be focusing on to get the best A4?
Is this price range enough to get what I want out of a new A4?
Where are the best places to shop for an A4?
Is the AWD expensive to maintain? Is it worth the extra money?

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Last edited by Lord_Zero; 12-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:32 PM
2nd Gear

I think most will tell you to go AWD. So far I haven't had any costs with my Quatro system so I doubt it would be more costly. Fuel economy is lightly worse. Well worth in my opinion.

As for packages it really is what you want. I wish I had the nav system in mine. My car also has the "true" s-line treatment. Not sure how that was treated on the 2011 - 12 model years. On my 2008 all the A4s have the body mods of an s-line. To find a true one it will have the s-line steering wheel and brownish colored shocks. That was something I wanted as I liked how the car sat with the suspension package compared to a standard A4.

I think you can find something in your price range.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

Thanks rhodes991.

Here is a copy/paste a friend on reddit wrote me. In case anyone else finds this thread his advice seemed good to me.

Yeah, actually. I kinda do prefer the '08 over the '10 - its sportier. We had two '08s - both S Line. One was a 6 speed tiptronic transmission, which we traded for the '10. Both are great - and I almost wish we didn't get rid of the other '08 for a little longer. The automatic has paddle shifters which are fun when you want to use them, and the 6 speed manual is a joy to drive. The exhaust has a nice little rumble, which I love. The '10 is a little larger, and a little less sporty than the '08, which is a little smaller and its sportier and more agile, while still being luxurious like all Audis are.
If you're considering getting one, here are a few things to look for:

6 speed manual transmission. So much fun. Not a must-have, but if you get an automatic get the one with paddles.

S-Line. This is a must. Adds some performance enhancements - suspension upgrades, mostly - as well as a more aerodynamic front and skirts. The look of the car, although subtle, changes so much and it's great. Not to mention, it handles great.

"Prestige" is total bullshit. It has all the same options as "Premium Plus", but they'll try to charge you more.

We got both of our cars with <30k on the clock - they're great and we've had absolutely zero problems.
You can probably find an '07 or an '08 with less than 50k on the clock for around or less than $20000 right now. It's a great buy.
Edit: The Avants are so cool. If you like those, they're awesome too. We didn't have one, but a friend of ours had one and the shape is just awesome. You either love it or you hate it - but I think they're awesome.