Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, funny sound after FOG mod.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default Help, funny sound after FOG mod.

heyy so i just did the fog mod and now theres a funny sound coming from under/around the engine under the manifold when i turn to key only ONCE for power( the car isnt runing) . its a type of flowing current sound.. electical.. arg i cant really describe it..

and theres also an electrical snap( like what you hear from a bad power outlet/switch) every 5-6 seconds while the "electrical current" sound keeps going for about 15 and then it shuts off.

anyone have any idea? the fog mod worked but i dont know about this sound..

theres a definite CLICK when the sound comes on and a definite CLICK when it goes off.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:49 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help, funny sound after FOG mod.

is it a high pitch type of sound?

Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 PM
18T
4th Gear

the guys on az said TBA.. its probably it. its weird to me beacuse ive never noticed it before.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear

oh yeah thats definetely it. i thought you meant like it was realy loud. it sounds like there is a clicking sound coming from the glove box too right?

Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 PM
18T
4th Gear

yea when i turn on and off the fogs.

but its weird i never noticed that noise before. im very good being aware of what sounds my car makes.

haha in any case its nice to turn on your fogs witout the headlights thumbs up!

i seriously thought my head was messing with me cuz it was 230AM when i was done with the mod.. ahha

thanks smoke

Old 11-30-2006, 01:29 PM
4th Gear

If you have a friend with the same car maybe they will let you put it in your car to see if you are just being paranoid.

There may also be a certain way to jump the prongs.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
3rd Gear

i'm plannin on doing that one this wknd. i wish it was easier though. i've never soldered before and i'm sure i will burn myself extensively... haha! i think they shouldve made it that way from the factory. but yeah i agree it would be sweet at dusk/dawn or something to just roll around with some yellow or blue fogs. did you end up opening the box or just snip the metal prongs off the outside. i'm going with the outside cuz i know if i open that box up i'm going to end up getting solder all over the circuit board.

so wish me luck. i have clips, so all i need is solder and the soldering iron and some copper wire. and maybe a file? we'll see how it goes i'll drag this thread back up on monday and let you know how it goes.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 PM

Yeah I'll be doing the same this weekend. Soldering is simple, you shouldnt have trouble burning yourself. Seems like a 10 minute mod to me...

Old 11-30-2006, 04:37 PM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: smokeU

i'm plannin on doing that one this wknd. i wish it was easier though. i've never soldered before and i'm sure i will burn myself extensively... haha! i think they shouldve made it that way from the factory. but yeah i agree it would be sweet at dusk/dawn or something to just roll around with some yellow or blue fogs. did you end up opening the box or just snip the metal prongs off the outside. i'm going with the outside cuz i know if i open that box up i'm going to end up getting solder all over the circuit board.

so wish me luck. i have clips, so all i need is solder and the soldering iron and some copper wire. and maybe a file? we'll see how it goes i'll drag this thread back up on monday and let you know how it goes.
i broke of the prongs and then used a dremel to file them down then i soldered 2 wires. its an easy mod, just that getting to the damn module was gay.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

I just used side-cutter's to cut the prongs which left me just enough material to soder too. All in all it took 20-30min. The relay is held pretty tight in its box.

Quick Reply: Help, funny sound after FOG mod.