Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me find my self the right parts for my custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:23 AM
1st Gear
Default help me find my self the right parts for my custom exhaust

Hey guys i really need help with finding the right things for my custom exhaust for a 2000 Fwd 1.8T manual a4. Here is what im looking for i want it to have a deep tone i want it to be noticible louder than stock but not to loud, i dont want it to sound ricey like im drving some sort of a honda or something, and the other thing is i need it to be able to pass smog in CA. I have 400 bucks to spend i dont really want to spend anymore because i dont really have much money. So yeh basically deep mean tone loud but not to loud not ricy and PASS SMOG IN CA. Let me know what you guys think like what muffler what piping. What do i need.

Thanks guys

Old 04-16-2006, 06:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: help me find my self the right parts for my custom exhaust

borla muffler, find a custom shop to do the rest.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:24 AM

and make sure your piping is max 2.75" unless you go big turbo cuz you will lose low end torque

Old 04-16-2006, 06:30 AM
1st Gear

do i need to change all the piping? like i really want to change as little piping as possible im pretty scard about the whole smog thing i dont wanna spend money and end up finding out i aint gonna pass smog.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:35 AM

i think stock is 2" and borlas piping is 2.25. you could get a borla for 650 shipped, thats what i did and i love it. great sound

Old 04-16-2006, 06:41 AM
1st Gear

i wish but i cant cause im FWD and borla doenst make it for FWD the only companys i kno that make it for fwd are apr and miltek and both are over 1000 bucks and i dont have that kind of money :-\ thats why im forced to go custom and i just want something cheap thatll give me good sound i dont really care to much about the performance of it just long as i get some sort of a deep tone a bit louder than stock for a cheap price. would it be possible in any way to get a muffler that will bolt directly onto the stock piping?

Old 04-16-2006, 12:06 PM
4th Gear

Changing the muffler and tubing won't affect california emissions as long as you leave the catalytic converter alone.

The A4 stock, is under 2 inches, I believe 1.75. If you just want more noise, and don't care about performance, then just change the muffler and leave the rest alone.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: david9999

Changing the muffler and tubing won't affect california emissions as long as you leave the catalytic converter alone.

The A4 stock, is under 2 inches, I believe 1.75. If you just want more noise, and don't care about performance, then just change the muffler and leave the rest alone.
Yea, its around 2" but its crusbent so it gets down to 1-7/8". Get a DP from techtonics tuning and have someone make the rest from there back.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:53 PM
3rd Gear

if ur not concerned with power gains than i would just do a slip joint back............2.5 inch piping to a resonator(optional), from that back to the muffler.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
1st Gear

can you guys be more specific about like someone said slip joint back which part is that? right after the cat to the muffler? if so how much would that run me and what muffler can i use to get a nice sound.

Quick Reply: help me find my self the right parts for my custom exhaust