Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me Option my New A4

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Help me Option my New A4

Hi All. I am soon to order an '08 A4 Avant and seek out your advice. Here's what I'm thinking of ordering:
2.0T Quattro
6 speed manual
Premium package
Sport suspension
Bose radio
Side air bags in rear
Manual sunshades for rear door and side windows (are these useful? Do they rattle???)
Heated front seats
Color?? Maybe ocean blue, maybe white?

How am I doing? Any suggestions? I am trying to avoid the most expensive options. Also, for '08, all A4's will come with the S-Line exterior package as standard equipment (minus the wheels and tires).
Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Default RE: Help me Option my New A4

sunshades how much is that option

Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 AM

cause tint is like $150

Old 05-10-2007, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

Sunshades are $150.
I would probably tint the windows as well because I live in the Southwest USA.

This brings up the subject of interior color. I like the look of the Ebony interior. Does it bake in the summer?

Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 AM

i have platnium and it gets hot sometimes so it probably gets hot but ebonywould look good with ocean blue or the darker gray then platnium

Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
4th Gear

Bi-xenon headlights

Old 05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

get a white avant...they look incredible, and there aren't many out there. as far as interior goes, with the white exterior i'd go black interior, or maybe tan. i'm a fan of black for life though, its rare compared to any other interior color. make sure you get the sport package, and a sunroof...

tint the windows too, it'll look much better than stock.

LampyB.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Get that errrr......RS4 option. Oh, wait....that's not an option, rather a dream!!

All of the options you are looking at are great. The nice thing about the sunshades is that you can go with a lighter tint that won't interfere with the auto-dimming rearview mirror, and you can draw the shades to block direct sunlight during the day.

I'm not sure if it's an option, or standard equip., but my friend has the tire-pressure sensors on her B7 and loves it! I'm a stickler for the right pressures....wouldn't it be nice....

I would recommend getting all of the options you can afford. Except for an Audi keychain: they're kind of redundant, since the FOB says it all. Also, I can't stand it when people leave the cheap plastic license plate frames from the dealership on--looks like poo-poo. I framed off my Cali plates with black electrical tape, giving the plate a flush, trimmed and sharp appearance. I get many compliments on it, and a lot of people asking how I did it. They can't believe it was just electrical tape.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:33 PM

get convienence and navigation, you can delete your Bose.
Stock speakers are pretty good, and it does come w/ a subwoofer
Heated seat is only good if you live in a snowing area in winter. I live in Los Angeles, so no need for me.
Rear airbag is only good when you have passenger in back in most time. (I rarely have passenger in the back)
So, get what you need.

My 07 2.OT Quattro manual has S-line, convienence and navigation.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

I am leaning towards white with ebony but am still open for suggestions. Also new for '08, tire pressure monitor will be standard. Also an iPOD adapter will be available. I will probably get this as well.

Regarding the rear sunshades, does anybody know if they rattle or flap around when the windows are open? Rattles and noises in a car drive me crazy so if they rattled I would not order them.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help me Option my New A4