Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please! so lost!

Old 07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
1st Gear
Default help please! so lost!

alright well i bought this car about 2 months ago. 2000 audi a4 1.8t sports package. since then i have chipped it wiht the neuspeed chip(i know not the best but it was free.) i put a forge motorsports divertor valve on it, also replaced teh plugs with denso iridium k22's,and now i'm noticing something really strange. the car seems to want to boost like crazy in first and second gear up to 4k. but it only does it once. and that is on first start up. after that the car wants to be a dog, and just seems like i'm driving a stock a4. you can hear the turbo working but i'm not feeling any boost. does anyone know what this could be?

suggestions please thanks

could it be possibly
clogged cat? (and if so can i hollow it out? and somehow get the cel to stay off?) and if i cant get teh check engine light off and do hollow it out is it going to f up the car?

it just seems like the car wants to run like a rapped up when pulling out of my drive way in first and second up to 4k and then after you hit 4k in second its like the car turns to retarded and just wants to be a normal audi. but the turbo is definately working and working hard.

thanks for any suggestions i greatly appreciate it.

more questions since i dont know crap about these cars. i'm coming from turbo charged hondas.VVV
-what are some good steps to take to add power?
-what do you think of the apexi exhaust?
-should i do a 4bar fpr?
-what are good injectors for this car?
-how can i put an intake on the car?
-for a boost gauge do i just "t" into the vaccum line coming off the divertor valve?
-how long do these cars normally last?
-do all audi's have that raspy noise to the engines at idle? my boss has a carrera and it sounds identical?

thank you!

Old 07-31-2005, 03:27 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: help please! so lost!

it is the denso plugs, i put them in my car before i chipped it and it was fine but once i chipped it i it did the same thing. get some ngks or bosch......do u still have the old plugs? put them back in and try it

Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

no its not the plugs i thought that too... the stock plugs did the same thing. i just want this damn thing to run right. come on guys i know you have to have something that can lead me in the right direction...

Old 07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
1st Gear

vaccume leak

Old 07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

where should i start looking for the vaccum leak?

this is going to be fun. seeing as how audis have a million vaccum lines.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

In the engine bay :-)

Old 07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
2nd Gear

What are you boosting up too?

Old 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM

try the dv hose since u had to take it off and re instal it

Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not 100% sure but it does sound like you may have a faulty DV? or a loose pipe or something? Could be wrong though.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:01 AM
1st Gear

well it spikes at 20lbs. and will hold at 16. but that is only the first and second gear thing. other than that its like 10-13. i will check the dv hoses and **** tomorrow.

also is there supposed to be a little bit of oil saturation in the hoses and ic tubes?

please help me.

also about hollowing the cat. if i hollow it will it mess wiht my engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help please! so lost!