Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Wheels & Suspension B5

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 08:59 PM
1st Gear
Default Help! Wheels & Suspension B5

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I want to get a nice suspension and sport wheels on my 01 A4 1.8T FWD. There is a package that someone is selling of Moda R6 17's. They have some nice Kumho 712's w/ half the tread for $850.00 shipped.

The other wheels I like are the Flik Justice wheels at www.edgeracing.com - also 17's. but there I could get 18's.

Does anyone know anything about Flik or Moda? Should I get suspension first? I don't know what would be best.. I was thinking an eibach spring set from tire rack for about $250.00 would lower my car and help the suspension out, but I wasn't sure if I needed to get other suspension components too.

I'll wait for some reply's from people that know more about this stuff... Thanks for your help - I need it.

General Jackson

Old 02-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Default RE: Help! Wheels & Suspension B5

Can you post some pics of the rims ? the kumho 712's are a ok tire but they are not expensive at all from brand new so I would talk him down a little in price as for the springs don't do what I did I just put in Eibach springs when I didn't know any better now 40 thousand kilometers later my shocks are cooked unless you already have the sport suspension which come with eibach's from the factory don't do it save a little extra cash and get some coil overs or get a shock and spring combo like bilsten shocks and neuspeed sport springs plus you will save a bunch of cash by not doing the labour twice

Old 02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

So, you're saying to put coilovers on and skip everything else. Doesn't Koni make some nice coilovers?

I don't think I have the sport package. I do have the sport steering wheel and tiptronic, so maybe I do have the eibach springs. How would I find out? Here is a picture of the Modas.. whatcha think? They are also at www.tirerack.com - Pretty expensive brand new. About $209.00 a wheel without rubber.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:49 PM

no no I think it was 98 and up they all came with the sport steering wheel and tip about the coil over yes Koni does make a pretty good set i've been debating either the H & R's or Koni's myself I don't mind those rims but again you are buying used right rims do not hold any value at all unless you are looking at a set of BBS RGR's or something along that linr where they are about a grand each new they might hold value but rims are a personal preferance I can say they look ok but someone else might say they look like *** myself I run a set of Enkie RSV's gunmetal with a polished lip

Old 02-09-2005, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

I like the Enkei & I think the Moda's I like are pretty decent. But, I'll probably skip the Moda's since his price is firm. Where do you get your wheels from? Maybe I can check some other styles out. What size wheels do you have? I'd really like to see a pic of your ride with the suspension stock on it. I wanna see how the suspension stock sits with 17's and 18's before an aftermarket suspension. If you're able to upload a picture or email one, that would be great. www.azbeeb@hotmail.com

Old 02-09-2005, 02:22 AM
2nd Gear

H&R is way better than koni but you are going to pay at least 300-400 dollars more for H&R coils. Koni is still good, you get alot for your money, fronts are height and damping adjustable, rears are only height adjustable. You can get them for $895 shipped from MJM autohaus. You can also get a shock spring setup for about $650 that is damping adjustable. You can get grooved struts so each side is lowered the same height. The most popular setup is bilstein and h&r sport or race springs. It would be better to get a whole setup rather than just springs because you will eventually blow the seals on your stock struts and have to replace those and then get another alignment which is just pointless to do.

Definately suspension first, check this picture out.

And with suspension, i beleive he has bilstein with h&r sport springs and stock 15" wheels.

As far as wheels, i've heard moda r6's are really heavy, i wanted those bad until i found out how much they weight. Audi rs4 replicas are nice keeps it clean and stock looking. picture again.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:48 AM
2nd Gear

Rs4 18's, what ill probablly endup getting when i need new tires.

And my favorite wheels, dronnel m-10's. Too bad they dont make them anymore but they were around 1k+ for each wheel. Cast aluminum 19" wheels that only weighed 18lbs. But if you like that style of wheels you can get moven m2's, they are like $199 each.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:55 AM
1st Gear

Hey Trailboss,

So, the whole setup would be bilstein struts with H&R springs, right? Is this the shock/spring setup for $650.00 you were talking about? I guess I need to check out MGM autohaus.

The wheel pics you sent over are awesome. I really love those Moven M2's - Can you tell me where I can find em' for $200.00 each. I assume the attached pic is 18x8.5's? Those RS4 wheels are nice too... where would you grab a set of those? Are they pricey?

Thanks,
GJ

Old 02-09-2005, 04:13 AM
2nd Gear

MJM autohaus has the koni coilovers for $895 shipped, it may not be posted on there site but they posted adds on VWVortex.
MJM
For the H&R sport springs and bilstein shocks you can get them here AWEECS

The moven M2 wheels, comming from the bimmer side AKA M3 rip me offs, they still look good. Moven

Rs4 replica wheels you can get on ebay with tires for $930 shipped for 17" and like $1050 for 18". Its this place called OE wheels.OE wheels

Old 02-09-2005, 10:58 AM

hey sorry General but the only pics I really have of my car right now are with it in motion i'm bad for that taking pictures thing never end up doing it haha

Quick Reply: Help! Wheels & Suspension B5