Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here we go again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Here we go again.

Hey, I don't know if any of you remember but I was on here about a week ago talking about my ticking engine. Turns out it was a bad lifter that ate away at my camshaft and just spent $900 to get it replaced. Anyway, I went to program my second key today and I turned the key the wrong way in the door unlocking it and opening the windows and moonroof. Well the moonroof opened seemlessly, but now it won't close. All it will do is click, I tried the manual allen head, but the damn thing is stripped!!!! Could it not be retracting because of the extreme cold? it makes one click noise when I turn the dial thats it, it won't budge by hand. I'm at my wits end here, please give me some insight.

thank you so much

Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Here we go again.

I just saw the diy on audi world and I noticed that my moonroof dial and overhead lights do not look like that. Just wondering if there is a problem with the switches on the facelift models.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 PM

i would try cleaning it real quick to see what happens. I did it and it took about 15 minutes. Im not sure what the difference is though between the pre and post facelift models.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
1st Gear
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 AM
1st Gear

Took my car apart it looks absolutely nothing like the diy... I really have no clue where to go from here. This is what I have.Name:  3.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  7.7 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  9.3 KB

Old 01-27-2008, 04:46 AM
1st Gear

Ok I found the diy for the 2003 they have the same type of domelight sunroof control. I adjusted it and of course because nothing can ever work out, I get the same results. I turn the **** it just clicks once and that's it. Does this signified a burnt out motor or broken tracks, I covered my tracks with lithium grease to no avail.

I'm desperate here for help I travel for my job and I'm completely out of money from the engine work, this is absolutely crazy.

Also do you think a shop could tap that allen screw that is stripped and manually close it or is that out of the question?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
1st Gear

Anyone have any new ideas?