Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hide that power

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 07:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Hide that power

Like i said in my other forum...i want some more power for my baby (audi), but i also dont want to lose the warrenty since i see that alot of ppl are having some problems with their audis, so im wondering if maybe i would get an intake and take it off if im taking my car to the dealer to get something fixed or like adding a chip... will they really look their? oviasly they will see the exhaust but im talking about something thats maybe eazy to put on and to take off... any ideas ?

Old 09-19-2004, 09:49 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: Hide that power

The dealer is most likely not going to void your warranty because you have an aftermarket intake. I gotta tell you though, you're not going to add any power by installing an aftermarket intake. They also most likely won't void your warranty by adding an exhaust. I forget which chip it is, but there is one where you can turn it off from the turn signal stalk, making it hard for the dealer to find.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:04 AM
4th Gear

APR is not supposed to be detected by VAGCOM. They shouldn't be seen unless the dealer opens up the ECU

Old 09-19-2004, 05:19 PM
1st Gear

i really think they are going to void my warrenty if i add an exhaust because when i bought my car i asked the salesman if i could add and exhaust or a intake or a chip and he said that if you add any kinds of extra horse power to the engin then it will void my warrenty but he also said that if i get a chip they might not find it so im thinking about the chip , wahahahaha (evil laugh)

Old 09-19-2004, 11:52 PM
4th Gear

I have a apr chip with the flipswitch that I can turn on and off, it works well.

Old 09-20-2004, 12:14 AM
2nd Gear

I guess it depends on your dealer, but any change you make to the stock setup can void your warranty. I didn't make any modifications to mine until well after the warranty was up, so I can only speculate. Anything they can see is fair game.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

I went through that same problem with the dealer saying that they would void the warranty. So I talked to my shop manager at Audi, and he sent me to EVOMS.com, where he had sent his last car and had it chiped. They installed the GIAC chip (hot swapable) in my car and dammmm what a difference in the 1.8T... I can pull the ECU out and unseed the aftermarket chip and put the stock chip in it's place, and they will never know if I ran into a big problem. I have taken the car in w/the chip and they have said nothing. I also got the VAG-COM reader for my laptop, which helps you diagnose the problems before you take it to the dealer anyway and it can't tell what chip I am running.

04A4

Old 09-21-2004, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

very interesting can you give me some more info on the chip you bought and how much and how much power will it add and how was the results.... plus can you please let me know where did you buy it from

Old 09-21-2004, 01:22 AM
1st Gear

I also got the VAG-COM reader for my laptop Whare and how much did you get the VAG COM for? I want one.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:43 AM

Buy Here!!! i got mine for around 350

Quick Reply: Hide that power