Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hks ssqv

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: hks ssqv

yea really only time will tell, im sure it will take a while to show anysigns if they every do show since you will be recirculation alot of the air... but like you said only time will tell

Old 12-06-2006, 04:21 AM
4th Gear

my comment wasnt entirely based on harm to the car, i am aware what the recirc kit does and it should in theory work just fine... but point still being you have a bov on an audi, i understand you like the sound, and in my opinon it sounds good too, but the audi is a classy car and the parts that go on it should be equally as high quality and classy(not saying the hks stuff isnt quality).. i may be somewhat of a purist when it comes to factory european style but i prefer the sound of a dv on euro cars. but i know when i build the motor for my hot rod it will most deffinatly had a bov on it (or should i say 2) heh heh heh

Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 AM
Zombie Defense Force

GODSPEED i wasnt bashing you i was annoyed because a bov and a dv are the same thing...see my sig. i know alot about turbo'ed cars. i have owned 2. one was a ***** to the wall a4 and my new car now is an evo 8. ya i dont know how long it will take to mess up your car. imo its not even worth the change to mess up an expensive car

Old 12-06-2006, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

Yes. a BOV and DV are the same thing. I could have said i want to route my dv with a splitter and i think id gotten different responses. I think that everyone here has a valid point in the big picture of things. Personally I see this as maybe in comparision to a person eating out or fast food here and there. Not good for you in a whole, but you'll probably never ever see the harm. I might give it a shot and see how it goes either way.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Zombie Defense Force

thats the same thing i said a while back. its like eating at mcdonalds. you dont notice the harm after the first bite. its after a few years of eating there and you look down and say i can see my weiner anymore.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:11 PM
1st Gear

I find it interesting how many people on this site get right bent when others talk about a BOV vs a DV. With the turbo'd cars I've had in my past, they ALL had BOV's that were RECIRCULATED. Maybe the germans came up with a funny name for it like "Diverter Valve" and that's why there appears to be so much confusion. Why all the **** retentiveness?

As Jeff's sig says ... they're the same freakin thing.

As for venting atmospherically, it's like having a bad boost leak. Except you notice it a LOT more at idle and when you come to a light.

GODSPEED: as for the HK$ SSQV, give'r. It's a sweet sounding BOV and even with the recirc kit, you should hear it quite a bit. With the airbox mod, you should be able to hear it even more.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

that sounds good. I did the airbox mod. and if i can hear it enough with the recirc kit as it is, ill certainly leave it. I had the 3sgte motor before which i just had a blitz ssbov, didnt recirc that and no problems. Im just always looking for options to do everything exactly the way I want, the first time while always maintaining the quality of my cars.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:52 PM

As long as its recirculating you'll be fine... I don't really get why people are hating so damn bad, its all the same theory, just different title on it. Oh well, they can get upset, you're car will more than likely sound better.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

i have SSQV. you won't hear it if your car is still stock and box-mod, thats what i have and i can't hear it, theres just not enough pressure in stock mode. from what i have read here and there you'll will have to go a little beyond chipping to be able to hear it. thats just what i've read though.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 1234RiNgs

i have SSQV. you won't hear it if your car is still stock and box-mod, thats what i have and i can't hear it, theres just not enough pressure in stock mode. from what i have read here and there you'll will have to go a little beyond chipping to be able to hear it. thats just what i've read though.
That sucks, I am sending my k03 to gppopshop to be rebuilt to k04 specs, then going with giac tuning. but with my funds during christmas season i have to wait on those til mid. jan at the earliest.

Quick Reply: hks ssqv