Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmm hose problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Administrator
Default Hmm hose problem!

Well I believe this is the Turbo outlet hose.. and as you can see I am loosing some pressure through that gaping hole in it.. What would cause all that oil like mess on it? is that related? or is that leaking from something else?

Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Hmm hose problem!

Holy ****!!! I know some oil naturally passes through the system, but that looks kind of excessive/saturated. What do you boost at? This car has a mbc right? Do you know what the max psi was ever ran on it?? Do you notice boost loss on your gauge?? You are probably running real rich because of that hole... Oh, and welcome to the 1.8t family!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator

yeah.. i was boosting about 22psi.. that is the hose that runs up to the BOV.. so im not loosing all my pressure.. just a bit.. im down to about 16.7 PSI now... [:@]

yeah, and the oil, not sure where that is coming from.. still new to the fam so learning all about this engine..

BTW, what plugs is everyone running?? (really wondering about the BT guys)

Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

yeah.. i was boosting about 22psi.. that is the hose that runs up to the BOV.. so im not loosing all my pressure.. just a bit.. im down to about 16.7 PSI now... [:@]

yeah, and the oil, not sure where that is coming from.. still new to the fam so learning all about this engine..

BTW, what plugs is everyone running?? (really wondering about the BT guys)
BKR7E for big turbo for sure. Thats what arif uses. I wouldnt switch to them until you get your boost leak fixed or youll run rich and missfire

Old 08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Administrator

im running the BKR6E's right now.. wondering what the heck the difference is...

Old 08-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Site Moderator

im running the BKR6E's right now.. wondering what the heck the difference is...
BKR7E is one range cooler than BKR6E... Deffinately switch.
and read this: https://www.audiforums.com/m_329420/tm.htm

Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Administrator

ohh nice.. i stickied that!!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Site Moderator

Youll probably notice a difference in high boost with the BKR7E plugs. and I know youve probably been told otherwise, but as long as the software your ecu is flashed with is responsible for your A/F ratios, it would be a good idea to ditch the BOV and get a DV. You are probably running rich from that unless your BOV is hooked up to recirculate like a DV. Your MAF is reading/metering the air that flows to your BOV and the maf tells the ecu how much air to expect so it can match it with the right amount of fuel, but once the air/boost gets to your BOV that metered air gets dumped into the atmosphere so youll be getting more fuel than air in the combustion process because the expected air got whoooshed away. I hope that makes sense.. i dont know how to better explain it. Youd probably notice a performance increase if you switched to a DV because of that.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Administrator

MAF? What MAF?? Im running software that is setup to run with out it.. so i dont even have a MAF

Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Site Moderator

MAF? What MAF?? Im running software that is setup to run with out it.. so i dont even have a MAF
OHHH MY BAD!!!!! Cool then.. Get the BKR7E's and fix that hose and youll be cool back in full force.

Quick Reply: Hmm hose problem!