Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much whp should i have

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: how much whp should i have

ORIGINAL: undrpressure07

i want to be around 300whp what besides a gt28 injectors and full exhaust will i need to add to achieve that
with a gt28rs you are gona have to swap out more than just injectors. you'll also need a new exhaust manifold, intake, software, test pipe, etc... its not just a direct bolt on like a k04 or elim series is.

here's a full kit minus the injectors and software- http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=VVWTK

Old 09-09-2007, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

here's a full kit minus the injectors and software- http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=VVWTK
Be careful on that kit with the B6. You get what you pay for..... and the manifolds crack too often.
APR is the $$$, but if you're asking questions about how to get HP on your car (OP), then it's the better kit for you.
Unless you've got experience tweaking and logging, the ATP kit isn't the way to go on the B6.
If you can tweak and log, then it's a great bang (pardon the pun) for the buck.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
4th Gear

eleventeen wheel horsepower

Old 09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: fahquad

Be careful on that kit with the B6. You get what you pay for..... and the manifolds crack too often.
APR is the $$$, but if you're asking questions about how to get HP on your car (OP), then it's the better kit for you.
Unless you've got experience tweaking and logging, the ATP kit isn't the way to go on the B6.
[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Where is this cracking coming from? They are cast and far from fragile. ATP manifolds are often hard to install, but far from cracking. Also, using a GOOD tuner (Revo or Unitronics), and not MIKA pos "tune", you have nothing to worry about. So stop with the BS

Old 09-09-2007, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: fahquad

[sm=WTFsgign.gif] Where is this cracking coming from? They are cast and far from fragile. ATP manifolds are often hard to install, but far from cracking. Also, using a GOOD tuner (Revo or Unitronics), and not MIKA pos "tune", you have nothing to worry about. So stop with the BS
Dude are you for real? Go to audizine, audiworld, or audigeeks and put "cracked" "atp" and "manifold" in the search engine and you'll fill up a page. They are cracking all over the place, although the second generations seem to have less of a problem but still are either cracking or not lining up completely with the block.
Some are claiming that not putting the DP to tranny lolipop bracket has contributed, but all in all, too many of the things are cracking on the B6 kits. So I'll stop with the BS when it really is BS. This forum sucks for info on B6's, and I'd dare you to go on to audizine.com or audigeeks.com in the B6 forum and post up your diode mod. We'll see who's calling BS then.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 PM

Just to save everyone the time. Now tell me it's BS.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/search...archid=1001209
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm make believe

WOW, you do realize that EVERY link i clicked was a STOCK replacement manifold? Not one log t3 or t25 manifold as linked above. They also use that SAME manifold on every other 1.8t kit and I cant claim to ever seen one that had cracked. Maybe 1 out of 1000 if not less frequent. Also the manifold bolts for APR i have seen break on peoples car almost every other month. Im not saying ATP is better (o god, far from), but they still have problems to

So again, before talking ****, get your info strait.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 PM

Yeah, you're right, I'm wrong. Not a single ATP manifold ever cracks and the APR bolts all break. [/sarcasm]
On the B6, both kits have their shortcomings, but the bolts breaking isn't the B6 APR kit problem. Out of the many of us on the other forums with the APR Stage 3+ GT28RS kit, not one of us has had a bolt problem. And on the B6, the ATP manifolds crack. Regardless of flange, on the B6's, they crack for the BT kits.
There aren't enough B6 people on this dang site to vouch for that, but on the other forums, it is very common knowledge.
Not saying I would talk someone out of that ATP kit, as it has some strong points with the right tuning, but the manifolds do crack.
I'll just stick to the other forums for B6's and stop giving B6 advice here and let all really noob B6r's get their advice from all the people who apply their knowledge from other Audi's and make said noob believe the same applies to the B6..... when in a lot of cases, it doesn't.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm make believe

Just go back and look for yourself, all the links you posted are for the ko3 flanged turbos. The log manifold have cracked before, all brandscan due to heat and stress, even stock manifolds. The chances are very slims that it will. How many B6's actually have a apr stg 3(+) kit on the zine, 4... 5? your right, people here dont have to many BT kits, but im not just on this forum either. On the vortex 1.8t section you see alot more of what really goes on than over at audizine.

I like the part where you think i dont mess with the plateform.... your wrong, pretty funny none the less. And once again, the manifold used in the ATP HW kit is the same as EVERY OTHER 1.8T. Just because you purchased a kit, doesnt mean you know the car.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: cincyTT
How many B6's actually have a apr stg 3(+) kit on the zine, 4... 5?
'Bout that, yep.... which I guess isn't much, but no one is having bolt problems there or any forum that applies to B6.
On the vortex 1.8t section you see alot more of what really goes on than over at audizine.
Disagree to a point. vortex deals more with transverse than what AZ or AG deal with. For the most technical info on B6 longitudinal I stick with audigeeks for the best info. My join date on this site is almost 3 years behind how long I've been on the others, including vortex.
I like the part where you think i dont mess with the plateform.... your wrong, pretty funny none the less.
That wasn't directed at you, per say. B5r's answer B6 posts a lot of times with info that just doesn't apply. Which is why I wish this forum had a split for B5/B6/B7 like the others do. I find myself answering a B5 question sometimes and realize later that I need to delete post because it's not good info as it applies to the B6 when I answer it.
Just because you purchased a kit, doesnt mean you know the car.
But because I purchased a kit, installed it myself, did the internal work and every single mod/upgrade to thethe car myself, then I beg to differ. I've owned and moddedtransverse 1.8t's before on VAG platforms of all types. The B6 is a different beast in its quirks.
I'm out. I'm not questioning your knowledge. I just don't think calling BS on mine is justified when it comes to the B6 platform. I won't begin to say I know anything about the other 1.8t platforms. But I've had my B6, as well as a few others around my area, apart enough times to be confident in knowing how it works, and what the options are when it comes to modding it.
But whatever..... I'll leave the noob B6 questions to the experts nowand go back to lurking here like I did for a few years prior to joining this site. Thought I could help out, but I'll stick to the other forums where everyone seems to be more on the same page.