Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hybrid d-bov

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:55 AM
1st Gear
Default hybrid d-bov

ive read this before but no one has clear answers other than bovs destroy ur engine which i understand are even the hybrids bad for you engine too yes i am a newbi but id rather as a stupid question then learn the answer first hand my a4 is stock except for the intake and exhaust but if i were to get say the lltek d-bov would it kill my engine

Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: hybrid d-bov

ORIGINAL: chance
if i were to get say the lltek d-bov would it kill my engine
short term, no... long term, maybe. Just do it right and get a DV. If you understand how DV's and BOV's work (or something inbetween) it shouldnt be a question. This answer can be found if you search hard enough.. Which is also a key way to prevent from asking what may be considered a stupid question. Try it out: Search
Welcome to the forums and please dont use anything other than a diverter valve unless your ecu is programed to run without a MAF sensor.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:44 AM

isnt there a such thing as a BOV that blows half air outside and half in so you can get the sound but still have it diverted. correct me if im wrong :\

Old 08-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Zombie Defense Force

y dotn people do whats right/????????????????///
just get a dv or a bov that is reciculated.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:59 AM

werd , i got a DV . evoms

Old 08-20-2006, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear

haha... your wrong You can get a gfb stealth fx hybrid bov/dv it has a valve that can regulate how much air you want diverted back in (recirculated back to the turbo) and the amount of air you want shot out into the atmoshpere... basically it is a dv/bov you can tune it to 40/60, 50/50, 20/80 first number is air recirculated and second is number is air released... so yes you can have both many peeps use it too...search it..

Old 08-20-2006, 05:44 AM

if that really works then that is hott.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:50 AM
2nd Gear

yea man its really cool... actually go to.. gofastbits.com they explain more about them there i just basically gave you a summary of what it is.. they go into detail at that site... they have been manufactured for a while now... made in australlia from what i remember

Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: socal_A4

haha... your wrong You can get a gfb stealth fx hybrid bov/dv it has a valve that can regulate how much air you want diverted back in (recirculated back to the turbo) and the amount of air you want shot out into the atmoshpere... basically it is a dv/bov you can tune it to 40/60, 50/50, 20/80 first number is air recirculated and second is number is air released... so yes you can have both many peeps use it too...search it..
The engine is counting on 100% of the air that the MAF sensor reads, so you wouldnt want to get rid of ANY of it. It simply will make you run rich which has so many bad long term affects on your engine. Just because many peeps use it, doesnt mean that those peeps know what the hell they are doing to their engine by using one. You should probably learn about the physics and operation of a turbo charged engine and how one works before putting parts in it that arent meant to be there. This goes for anybody that thinks a BOV or hybrid bov is "really cool". Just because they have been manufactured for a while, and the product manufacturer can convince you that it is safe to use, doesnt mean that its a good thing. The air that gets sucked through the maf sensor is measured/metered and that signal is sent to the ecu so it knows how much fuel to add for the combustion cycle, once it gets to your BOV/HybridBOV the air is let out into space, so the air that the ecu is relying on isnt there which means there is going to be more fuel than air which=rich which =bad gas mileage, premature 02 sensor/ catalytic converter failure, fouled spark plugs, carbon build up on cylinder heads etc... Its just a bad idea to not use a DV and anyone that argues that is full of **** or is trying to sell one of these POS BOV/Hybrid *****.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:25 AM
2nd Gear

Wouldn't THIS VALVE be the exception to the rule?

More info HERE

Quick Reply: hybrid d-bov