Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear
Default I hate my car

I'm at my wit's end with my car. For the last couple months or so, it has been hell. Control arms, ABS is shot, getting raped for 60k service, blowing the MAF and now misfiring again.

I scanned it today, got P300 - Random cylinder misfire, P301 - Cylinder 1 misfire, P303 - Cylinder 3 misfire. It idles like a harley (except sh1ttier) and rattles my fillings. I decided that based on the advice given to me in my thread about my 60k service that since its in my dad's name, and he is paying for it, he needs to get it taken care of.

I called up and made sure the coilpack recall was taken care of, and according to the dealer records (not the same dealer that did my service) it was done in 2003 @ 33k miles, thus any warranty on those parts is moot (12mo/1yr). I was about to buy all new coils and new plugs, but decided that its not worth it to me anymore.

Tonight I'm going to sit down with my dad and have a serious talk about selling it, and see if he can loan me some money to get myself in something else as soon as possible. I'm also going to explain to him that every mile I drive it can damage it, and that he needs to decide what is going to happen (get me a rental, drive my dad's car, borrow from a friend, etc.). I get paid in a week so that would help me out at least somewhat in getting another car. I would finance, but the fact is, I have no retail credit, nor do I have any money for a downpayment.

Its not really a question of if I am going to sell it or not, its how soon can I get myself in some more reliable transportation. I might have to pull out of the car scene for a while and just get something that will get me places until I can afford to buy and maintain something nice.

If anyone is reading this thinking that Audi's are bad cars, even after this, I still like Audi. Its a good company, and makes fun cars. I just don't have the patience to fix it all the time.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I hate my car

I bid 1$ bob

Old 07-14-2006, 12:56 AM
3rd Gear

sucks

Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 AM
2nd Gear

Its BMW time

Old 07-14-2006, 01:55 AM
2nd Gear

I really don't know what I'm going to get.

I told my dad about it when he got home from work and he wanted to look at it. His expression read 'it's not so bad'. I told him that I am going to buy another car when I find one, and that I don't care what he does with my audi. He said fine. He's taking a day off work this time to get it taken care of, but I'm sure they will just make him pay a heap of money.

Any chance this could be related to the TB service? Like it is off one tooth it would cause misfiring?

Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 AM

I have come to this point also. My bumper has pieces falling out that i have replaced twice, the bottom of the bumper is sperating from the rest of it, and i have 90k mi service. Im think a CPO BMW 3 sercies coupe. RWD, and a 6 spd. Dont really know thou. Plus my dash doesnt work, nor does my washerfluid (it leaks) and my cruise control is broken.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 AM
2nd Gear

Lucky you, your car runs smooth.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:30 AM

theres a give in take, at least u had options to make ur car have some more power. The 2.8 has almost no low end TQ. Its horrible compared to my Mustang GT.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:53 AM
3rd Gear

your comaring apples or oranges... there is no replacement for displacment.. and the mustang is like 800lbs lighter.. its not even fair to compair the two
ORIGINAL: apg96

theres a give in take, at least u had options to make ur car have some more power. The 2.8 has almost no low end TQ. Its horrible compared to my Mustang GT.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 AM

not only is it lighter it had 100 more hp 150 more TQ and had all the power ready when ever u wanted it. I could could spin my tires getting into overdrive in 2nd.

Quick Reply: I hate my car