Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have chipped your ECU's on your Audi...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:57 AM
1st Gear
Default If you have chipped your ECU's on your Audi...

Hey,
First off I just want to say thanks for this great forum and its members (I'm a newbie to the Audi world and this forum)

I have done a search here on this forum for chipping and ECU mods and read everything I could find, but I had an idea that we could compile an up-to-date list of EVERYONE that has modded their ECU's on their Audi so that everyone could see who's done what and what their thoughts/feedback was on that product. i.e. you could list year and model / company that did your ECU mod (i.e. GIAC or whatever) and any specifics for that mod / briefly what you've thought of that product overall / and if you've had any problems with your particular ECU mod.

I think this would make for a valuable reference for other Audi owners that are contemplating doing an ECU mod and also help with new Audi owners (like me) that are looking for knowledge and info on ECU mods for their Audi. Thanks in advance and glad to be part of the Audi forums!

John

Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: If you have chipped your ECU's on your Audi...

i think thats a great idea

Old 02-23-2005, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Yeah thats a great idea.. too bad you cant chip a 12V

Old 02-23-2005, 02:24 PM
3rd Gear

I have an MTM stage 1 chip on my 99 1.8t QM and it has been installed for almost 80000 miles without a hitch. It raises the boost to 1.0 bar and costed almost 700 dollars.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:48 PM

I have a 2000 A4 have waiting at home ready for install is a K04-15 GIAC J31 File Neuspeed Cat back exhaust still trying to find a good FMIC without paying a arm and a leg Mods on car now forge DV valve Eibach lowering springs soon to go I need coilovers either H&R or koni still undecided I have revomed the anber piece from my stock heallights and last the wheels I chose were the Enkie RSV's 18" gunmetal with a polished lip BTW the car is a 2000 A4 1.8TQM Silver on Blue and beige interor

Soon to be out of the bodyshop [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 02-23-2005, 03:06 PM
4th Gear

no chip yet, soon to come

Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 PM

clconversion, look at the Greddy FMIC I have found that for $695. That is the one I am going to get.
As for the car, I have the GIAC chip installed 2 weeks ago. Runs great now. I did have a problem for a few days. The chip was not seated properly. Its fixed now runs great.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:48 PM

$695 wow that is pretty good I've looked at the greddy site and they all looked universal do they have one for our cars ? and do u know if it will fit under the stock bumper ?

Old 02-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Site Moderator

its a good idea, only if you are out of warranty. I would not myself on a list of "offenders" if I still had warranty that could be voided.

That said... I am not under warranty.

1998.5 A4 1.8t tip - GIAC chip
2000 A4 1.8t tip Avant - GIAC chip (DBW)

Both chips were great. I recently drove to Toronto from Indy (10 hours) and back. The chip really made the drive that much more enjoyable, cuz I could roast around idiot drivers and scare the crap out of them. And now I no longer have to drop to 4th to pass someone.

My diverter valve has ruptured though - need to get the 710N asap.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:10 AM
1st Gear

I have 02 A4 1.8QT with Revo set at the performance setting (boost=6, timing=4).
I also have a forge DV and ITG panel filter.

Anyone else have Revo, what settings do you run?

Quick Reply: If you have chipped your ECU's on your Audi...