Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indepedant shop / North New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Indepedant shop / North New Jersey

Hey alll:

Normally I'm all about DIY, but this time I have a head-scratcher that someone with a lot more brains than I have needs to take a look at. The car is a 99 A4 2.8 It's a grinding/squeaking noise from the front of the engine while the car is running. It sounded for all the world like it was coming from the power steering pump, so I replaced that (and it's bloody cold out there tonight too!)....but no luck. I'm pissed, too....I mean, at least I know the pump won't go bad on me now, but it's still an expensive way to prove something wasn't broken!
I'm worried that it might be a timing belt tensioner or the water pump, either one of which I can't do this time of year, as I don't have a garage, so I'm out there doing the shadetree mechanic thing (I am under a tree, but it's not giving me much shade this time of year!) So, to the shop it goes, much to my unhappiness.

I'd much, MUCH rather take it to an independant shop than the stealership. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the North New Jersey area? Specifically Passiac, Morris, or Bergan counties. I did a search, but the recommedations I came up with were older, and I'd like some fresh input.

Thanks very much!
-Red

Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Indepedant shop / North New Jersey

Ok, I got one reply: has anyone used Marty's Audi in New Milford, NJ?